xi

voicemail 1, june 1st, 2:09 am // hey it's autumn, sorry i missed your call, leave a voicemail, bye! *BEEP* 

"hey autumn, it's me"

the boy spoke hesitantly into the phone

"i know i should have responded earlier, and I'm sorry for putting it off, i just didn't know what to say" 

he admitted. schaltt had been listening to the voicemails she had been leaving him. he would listen to them every day. hearing the hurt in her voice growing more and more was killing him. the guilt of it all was eating at him. 

"i don't hate you autumn, i never hated you" 

if schlatt was being honest, he was still completely in love with her. when autumn ended things in late december, it broke his heart.  although the two never dated it still hurt.  

they were unofficial for around a year. when rebecca found out they where talking autumn had ended things in an attempt to salvage her friendship, but the girl just ended up losing both of schlatt and rebecca. 

"l didn't give up on us, you did. you where the one who ended it, not me"  

waves of mixed emotions filled his mind, he sigh into the phone 

when autumn had told him that she wanted to cut it off, it hurt him in ways words couldn't describe. when the initial shock of it all happened, he was fine, but once it had set in everything spiraled down.

he wouldn't leave his bed for days and lost interest in the things he was once so passionate about. it wasn't easy for either for them. 

"whenever you see this, call me back okay? I wanna talk, like actually talk about everything"   

schlatt had never been good with words. it was rare he said the right thing at the right time or expressed how he was feeling the right way. 

"bye"