xv

the two sat there for a while, most of the time wasn't spent talking but just enjoying each other's company. there was a comfortable silence that filled the fresh night air. 

"have you talked with rebecca at all?" the girl asked, tugging on the sleeves of her sweater, "a little bit, but not really, I know you have" the last part of his sentence made her heart stop but only for a second. he actually listened to them. 

"yeah, she's still not the biggest fan of me, but we're mutual now" autumn shrugged, it sucked knowing that the two girls' relationship may never go back to how it was before, but there isn't much she could do. 

they went back to a comfortable silence, autumn had a question that she wanted to ask him. it had been lingering heavily in the back of her mind. 

"schlatt?" "yeah?" "why did you take so long to respond?" he let out a deep sigh and looked down. he kicked the small pebble that was resting by his foot. 

"I don't really know," he said honestly, "I guess it's because I'm not good at talking about how I really feel and I was scared I was gonna fuck something up" the two made eye contact. his eyes were different in moments like these, they were softer.

"i'm sorry" she looked at him confused, "for what?" "everything, I-I shouldn't have waited so long" autumn placed her hand on top of his, "it's fine, it's in the past, no point in worrying about it now" schlatt found comfort in her words. 

she always knew what to say and how to calm him down, he admired that about her. it was something he wished he could do. 

raindrops began to fall from the sky, it was nothing more than a light drizzle. the brown-haired boy watched as the drops of crystal clear water fell onto her fragile skin. she watched as he whipped the drops from her hands. 

normally rain is meant to wash things away, but it only brought the them closer