xii

the girl woke up late the next day when she picked up her phone and saw the notification it shocked her. autumn debated for a second on if she should even listen to the message, she caved and pressed play. 

listen to his voice made her feel both butterflies yet sick at the same time. she looked over at the clock on her wall, it had been 11 hours since schlatt had left that voicemail. 

she fell back onto her bed not knowing if she should call back. different outcomes filled her mind only digging her deeper into the pit of anxiety. 

part of her wanted to see him again and start talking. see if something could work out between the two once again, but the other part of her was scared about the uncertain of going to talk to him. what if the spark they once had was gone for good?  

after almost an hour of fighting with herself, she decided to respond. 

of course, it went straight to voicemail. 

voicemail 18, june 2nd, 2:10 pm // hey it's schlatt, ill call you back later. *BEEP* 

"hey, i saw your message, it's good to hear your voice and not just the same automated message over and over" 

she said into the phone

"meet me at the park at around 7 tonight"  

autumn kept the message short and simple. she felt her heart racing as she ended the call

this is really happening