chapter 2

D.O. being Daniel feels right because they both have the same sass and the same cuteness level. 

I have yet to decide if my visual for J and K will be Kai because Kai gives me himbo energy but by all means, you imagine who's face you want to see for your own liking. 

[Daniel's P

[Daniel's P.O.V]     

"I give up. I don't really know. Why can't you just tell me?"

Jesus fuck, he made me nervous there.

"Leave me alone! I'll tell you when I tell you." He seemed to notice the seriousness in my face and dropped it. But something about his expression told me that he'll surely bug me about it again later like a kid asking for candy.

"Ugh, asshole." He sneered and rolled his eyes, clearly getting annoyed. Jayden's always been like a kid. He mopes when he doesn't get what he want from me and I'm always gonna be that one person who gets swayed by his stupid tantrums. I'd rather have him that lollipop than him bugging me all day.

Lollipop is a metaphor okay?

"Stupid." I responded as I opened my duffel bag and pulled out my jersey and shoes for training. I don't feel like training today actually, but when was even the last time I was motivated to train? My motivation for basketball disappeared when I discovered my team picks up on smaller boys and closeted gay guys.

I'm doing such a horrible job as a captain ball and disciplining my squad but a big chunk of me was also afraid to speak up.

Jayden should have been the captain ball from the very beginning. I remembered ever since we were twelve that he had been dreaming for this.

Unfortunately, I was the chosen one.

I used to love basketball. I remember not being able to fall asleep from the excitement I had so that I could play again the next day. But now, it seems like I have outgrew it. I don't think it has something to do with my sexuality or whatever. I just think that I was burned out. And the people in my team don't help either.

They're toxic and very restricting.

Which is why today... things will definitely change. I'm not gonna spend the rest of my senior year hiding in vain.

I will be free.

The team warmed up by doing some stretching followed by hoops until it became a real game. Tune ups usually divide the team in two, with me being the captain ball of my team and Jayden being the vice captain ball of the opposite team. By doing this, we usually get to read each other's moves and how our brains work whenever we're in the game. This will help us work together when playing as one and facing actual teams from other schools.

It's easier when you know how your teammate's mind works, you can have that mental communication going on.

Unfortunately, some people here think that they're better than the rest. Arrogance is the sole reason why you start to suck.