chapter 11

A completely new chapter that didn't exist from the original book. I hope you enjoyed.

By the way, kudos for those who still have the original version of the book. I have my backup too.

 I have my backup too

[Daniel's P.O.V]

"Will I be seeing you tomorrow?" Jayden asks as he walks out of the passenger seat, closing the door shut behind him.

I nodded. "I'm not going anywhere, Jayden."

"Okay, I'll text you..." He said, waving his hands. "Don't talk to that Peter guy or I'll punch you."

"You don't own me."

Yet...

Rolling my eyes, I roared the engine and drove away from his house to my own house. Honestly, I really don't know where our relationship stands at this point. It's not like I can just jump the gun and let myself get carried away by Jayden, it'll be a disaster.

It didn't help that I knew him so much as well, front to back. It will be hard not to doubt his own words. If I knew him better, I'd say that what he's feeling right now could change again tomorrow. He's probably just confused and when he moves on, he'll just brush me off like I'm nothing.

So long story short, I can't trust him yet. Both of us can't afford to get impulsive or feelings will get hurt. I can't act on my emotions and do whatever I want. He's probably mistaking his feelings of jealousy and interpreting it as an attraction towards me because we've been friends for a long time. Who knows?

I just need more self-control before I let myself get carried away.

You can do this, Daniel.

When I arrived back home, my father's sedan was already parked in front of our yard.

Great.

As if I had enough of this day, God is really testing me. Why is he here all of the sudden?

Unamused, I shut the door to my car and walked straight to our porch. The plan is to walk straight to my room and avoid any communications with my parents at all cost. I can't deal with their bullshit and their drama right now as I have so much on my plate already.

But the creaking of the door as I opened it was so loud that my father heard me sneaking in.

"Oh honey, Daniel's here." He yelled from the living room. My mom came galloping from the kitchen towards me and gave me a peck on the cheeks.

"Honey I'm cooking something special for tonight!" She muttered, a weird smile plastered on her face.

Mom, blink twice if you need help.

Shaking the thought away, I responded with a sigh. "I'm planning to sleep early today, big day tomorrow."

"Tired from training son?" Dad asked, his eyes peeled on the television.