16. White

The remaining four days were very similar to the first- at least for me. All I had to do was wake up, pray, have breakfast (if I'm feeling like it), walk to school, cringe at the energetic teenagers, go to class, sit in a corner, read, wave at Malik, cheer up Raina...or not, pray, return to the hostel, exist, sleep and repeat.

Yea, it was super fun.

Today was Friday, the official last day of the sports week. The competitions we're rounded off the previous day and the overall winning team had been announced so today was for tidying up the school and packing up all sports gear to keep in storage till the next school session which I sure will not be experiencing. I was in class with my two silent companions. Sometimes within the week, we had been appointed "protectors of the class" which was totally fine by me- anything that keeps me away from the massive supply of adrenaline, testosterone and whatever else was secreted by excited teenagers, is totally fine by me.

I watched from my window seat as all that energy and excitement seemed to be wearing off from the students as they slowly tidied up the field and rearranged the classrooms that had been used as changing rooms, it was almost painful to watch. I silently wondered what it would be like if we were in one of those white countries and this had been the end of an interschool competition that we had definitely won.

The scenery before me slowly began to transform: students were still tidying up stuffs but the excitement was not letting up on their faces and as I paid closer attention, I could hear snippets of the ongoing chatter across the whole school.

There was news of the not-so-subtle invitation to a party that one of the super Rich kids was throwing later in the evening. I could hear people asking and persuading their friends to attend the party with little hints on the promise of booze and even more fun than the actual sports competition. Raina and Saira skipped over to the window deliberately obstructing my view staring at me with excited expressions and wiggling their eyebrows. I chuckled at what my brain had turned them into.

Saira was still her normal height of 5'8 with straight brown hair that reached the middle of her back and small doe shaped brown eyes, she had small nose, thin pink lips, and obviously light skin. Raina was also light skinned with curly shoulder length blonde hair and blue eyes, still shorter than Saira and almost flat-chested. I couldn't hold back my laughter, they kept looking at me with weird expressions on their faces.

"What in the world is cracking you up" Raina asked following my gaze and when she realized, she huffed at me and walked away.

"That's really not nice", Saira commented when she was out of earshot. I looked at her and noticed she was also trying not to laugh. I grinned and shrugged.

"So, are you coming to this party", She asked with a little emphasis on 'this'.

"Why wouldn't I be?"

"Oh, I don't know. 'Cause you hate crowds and people generally?", She answered sarcastically.

"Nah, I wouldn't miss this for the world", I grinned and she stared at me in surprise, "Alright then, pack your stuffs, Malik is driving".

'ooh, I can't wait to see what he looks like', I thought to myself still smiling.

"Ladies..." Speak of the devil.

He was just as handsome as he was in reality, still light skinned but clearly not fully white, full dark hair that was barely touching his neck, more physically built with full pink lips.

'why am I not attracted to this guy again?' I wondered as I kept staring.

"Are you coming or what?", He asked almost impatiently. I nodded in the affirmative. "Well, get off your ass then, I need to park in a comfortable spot".