Afterword

Hello everyone. My name is Saturnalia Blackrose. Thank you so much for reading volume one of Date Her Instead.

This was my first time doing a couple things. Firstly, it was my first time attempting at writing an original yuri story. I've been a fan of the genre for a while now, so I really wanted to add a story of my own to it. Secondly, this was also my first time posting a story in a week-by-week format, so I apologize for any inconsistencies.

Another thing I'd like to apologize for is the lack of art. I had truly intended for this to be a bona fide light novel, but difficulties arose in that process, so unfortunately I ended up with only one picture :(. However, I will say that if the day ever comes that I make a print version, much more art would be included.

As for this volume, there was certainly a lot of fighting between Kanako and Haruna, no? I'm sure some of you are wondering what could've caused two girls who used to be so close to now always argue. A lot of answers will be found in this next volume as Kanako and Haruna continue their deal with Akio.

I'd like to thank a couple of people. First, I'd like to thank all of the people in my life who have supported me in this endeavor. This process would certainly feel more challenging without them. Second, I'd like to thank Baprima-07, who provided me with an excellent first cover and art.

Third and lastly, I'd like to thank all of you, the readers. Thank you so much for reading until the end, and I hope to see you again in the next volume (which will be coming very soon).

Until then,

Saturnalia Blackrose