Prologue

Marissa Thomas...that was her name. She was a single 31 year old who worked as a Certified Nurses Assistant  in a local hospital. She lives in Los Angeles for 20 years and now lived in Seattle where she's been taking her RN classes while working as a part time CNA and a part time receptionist up front. The local hospital was a big place to get lost in. 5 stories and 50-75 rooms on each floor. It was big. There were sections they worked from. Different halls, different sections. She worked A-C section on most nights. But eventually was in D wing. Oh she was also on the third floor. That was the trauma wing. Most patients were in accidents or were so sick they were in comas or worse. Her mother and father passed away when she was 17 in a car accident. She knew then she wanted to work her way up to being a doctor. She couldn't save them but maybe she could save someone else. Her grandmother let her stay with her until she was 20 and she passed away. She always told her "there are things unexplained in this world." But the kicker was when she was sick and her grandmother told her "you have a gift Rissa, use it." And since then she's been secluded to her self. 11 years later and she still has no idea what she's doing or what her "gifts" were. She didn't even know what that meant. But she knew one thing, everyone she was ever close to died.

She had a dog at 10 years old. He was with her for 3 months and then got ran over. And then she got a cat. It stayed for 3 years and then got eat by a wild animal. And let's not forget her middle school best friend. Her name was Sarah, she was 14 and about to go to high school. She was killed by a drunk driver one day while she was riding her bike. 

Marissa has it rough. Everyone she ever loved died eventually. And she couldn't help but feel secluded from people. But wouldn't you!? How can life be so terrible? Why did she feel so helpless? She was wanting so bad to be a doctor so maybe she could save one or more lives. But she felt hopeless. Her fate was to be alone.....or was it...