39: Blood & Bones

You were sitting down in the room as you were soon to be interviewed like the cop said. You were fiddling with the locket around your neck as you sniffed and tears kept rolling down your cheeks. You wiped your tears away as you heard the door open and close and a man sat in front of you.

The man doesn't say anything and just looks through your record. He looks up at you nad passes you a cup of water and you drink it.

"Ms. Kim, you know why you are here for right?" he asked as he closed the folder.

"Because I emptied a gun on the monster who beat up a seven year old boy who was trying to protect his siblings and for shooting the father of those three kids?" you replied. He left a chuckle and looked at you dead in the eyes.

"You killed your father." he said.

"No I didn't, like I said a monster is what I killed." you replied leaning forwards on the table, fiddling with the ring Taehyung gave you.

"You still murdered someone Ms. Kim, and that is against the law." he argued back and you nodded. You both stayed silent and you looked at him in the eyes.

"Can I tell you a story?" you asked and he nodded.

"There was a girl once who experienced her own mother's death and kept to herself her grandfather's death. SHe lived years of suffering and enslavement until she escaped from her father's grip. She started a new life, got kidnapped and beat up multiple times, experienced actual love and lost it multiple times. That girl now is locked again with chains talking to a jackass while her son is in the hospital and her husband is probably dead because they were protecting their loved ones, something she didn't experience for a lot of years." you said and he chuckled as you insulted him and you looked at him. Tears started rolling down your eyes full of anger and fear.

"Do you have kids Mr. Lee?" you asked and he looked at you with a spark in his eyes.

"You know how a parent would do anything for their kids right?" you kept going and he nodded. You leaned forward and you both made eye contact.

"Then why the hell am I still doing here?" you said with a stern voice. He inhaled and stood up and grabbed the stuff and walked out. You heard the door open and you flinched when the door slammed closed.

You looked down at your locket and opened it revealing a picture of Taehyung on one side and a picture of your kids on the other side. You chuckled slightly as you start crying and you sniff. You wipe your tears as you hear the door open once more and the police unlocks the chains and you rub your wrists.

"I will take you to the hospital." he said and you looked at him with a questioning look.

"What made you change your mind?" you asked as you stood up next to the robust man.

"The story of the young mother who would die for her kids and husband." he said and you smiled slightly and followed the man out of the room and out of the station. He opened the door for you and you got in and he closed the door as you put your seatbelt on. He got inside the car and drove away towards the hospital.

At the hospital

You ran inside and met with Yoongi, Namjoon, and Hoseok who were taking care of Eunji and Yohan in the lobby. You ran to them and you got on your knees as you hugged Yohan and kissed all of his face. Namjoon passed you Eunji and you hugged him and broke the hug and hugged Yoongi and then Hoseok.

"Where is Taewon?" you asked as Yohan hugged your leg.

"He is in the third floor, room 312." Yoongi said and you nodded. You handed Eunji to Namjoon and kissed Yohan again and rushed to the elevator. You pressed the button to go up and the elevator started moving.

You arrived at the third floor and you ran towards the room Taewon was in. You saw Jungkook at the door and you rushed to him and he stood up and he embraced you. He gave you a tight hug and ran his hand through your hair and you sniffed.

"Where is Taewon?" you asked as you broke the hug.

"He is inside." he said and you were about to go inside and he held your wrists.

"Y/N he-" he got cut off by Taewon screaming. You got away from his grip and barged into Taewon's room and he was wailing as Jin and Jimin looked away from Taewon.

"His left arm is dislocated and so is his right knee. Whoever beat him knew what he was doing." the doctor said. You shoved past the doctor not caring a rat's ass if he fell and you crouched next to him.

"Mommy it hurts." he wailed and complained.

"I know baby, I know. I need you to breathe ok?" you whispered as you pulled his hair off his sweaty forehead. He starts breathing in and out but fails.

"Ow ow ow." he cried and tears started forming in your eyes.

"Baby listen to me ok? You need to let the doctor put your bone back in place so the pain eases down." you said as you held his right hand and caressed his hair and he nodded.

"I am going to be here peanut." you said and you nodded as the doctor went, popped his knee in place and Taewon screamed and cried. Tears started falling down your eyes and he gripped your hand tight. You kissed his forehead as he breathed heavily. You caressed his bandaged cheek and he looks at you and the doctor pops his arm and he screams. You close your eyes, not being able to bear his cry and the crying stops.

"Peanut?" you checked on him as he wasn't responding.

"He is fine. The pain was a bit too much for him and he passed out. We will put some casts on him and check on him every five minutes for any infection and make sure the pain is controlled." the doctor said. You kissed his forehead shakily and caressed his small hand and you stood up. Jin grabbed your arm and walked you out of the room and Jungkook hugged you again as your face was pale.

"This is all my fault." you quivered as you started crying.

"Shh shh shh, everything will be fine, you know that right?" he said as he rubbed your back.

"I-I can't Jungkook. What if he hates me because I didn't rescue him on time?" you cried and looked up at him.

"Y/N are you listening to yourself. You think Taewon will hate you because he had some bones dislocated? He is pretty much a replica of Taehyung, boy loves you no matter what. You are his mother anyway." he said as he wiped the tear off your cheeks. You looked at him in the eyes and he knew exactly what you wanted so he walked you to Taehyung's room.

You entered his room and your heart stopped beating for a second. He had an IV on the back of his right hand and an NC. He had his chest bandaged and a small bandage on his cheek where he had a cut stitched up.

You walked up to him as Jungkook stayed at the doorstep and your feet became too weak to support your body and you collapsed on the floor.

"I am so sorry." you whispered as your voice broke. Tears escaped your eyes and you grabbed his left hand and sat on the chair next to his bed. You sniffed as you caressed his face with your fingers. You looked at the door where Jungkook was standing.

"Tell the boys to take Eunji and Yohan home and one of you will stay with Taewon and let me know when he wakes up." you said and sniffed and he left and you turned around to face the unconscious Taehyung.