Chapter 2

It was the time for the sun to take its rest as I cannot. I kept on running on these grass as it lends me its strength to cover me—or so I thought.

"Over, Alpha! 12o'clock!" As he tried to shoot at me with his armored suit and M16 that I know I could not put up a fight with. I dove into the pod. I didn't know how they felt where I was but all I know is that they did not see me.

"Over, Sir I wasn't able to hit anything" As I slowly uplifted my face for air and resting my body inside the water's body.

"Over, Alpha search the place. I lost her here." They started running past me clinging their metal armors with their guns and weapons along with the sound of their heavy boots on grass as if the stones were so crisp. So it was the radar after all.

I tried staying under water while removing the accessory they had put in my legs. My nails almost fought its place out of mine, so I stopped. I guess I couldn't, not yet.

It has started to be quiet for 10 minutes but I had to wait a little bit more for my body to absorb the coldness of the water.

I can feel them. I've been into better pursuits. As a wife of a retired soldier, I had to be ready for everything.

After waiting for a little bit, I hastily lifted my legs and shrugged off the coldness as I needed it to be able to stay undetected by the radars.

I ceased myself from shivering for the more I shiver the faster my body heat recovers.

I ran towards a pathway—towards a horse and its carriage on the pathway.

I ended up hijacking them. I'm afraid I had to raise my hands faster than the usual with the gun and tugged his neck to push him out of the carriage. I had to be quick. They had started to detect me. I can already hear the clacks of their metal armors along with their heavy boots.

As soon as I got into the carriage a big whip was it that I gave the horse. We went on like there isn't any tomorrow.

Soldiers, huh. Try again next time.

------------------------------------
The creeks on our newly wooden home never fails to satisfy me, so will our baby.

"Rain! I'm home!" I began to shout as soon as I held our unfurnished knob with its rough surface.

"And we need to leave!" I opened the door immediately. There was no one but the clothes that's all over the place. The wooden chairs that was upside down. "Rain?" No. He's stronger, No.

My lower lip started to take its own life as it shivers against my will. The tears started knocking out of my eye but it had never fell, it just gave my throat a little bit of punch waking my rationality up.

I took 3 steps while my own knees had slowly started to betray me with its emotional weakness, I had to put out the fire on the candlelight that was sitting on the table and it seems that it has only been an hour that's passed basing on the amount of wax that had melted from the candle.

"There's still time" I whispered under my breath. As a rose pigmented wax and a paper white as a wool caught my attention, it was under this candlelight.

I hastily opened it and destroyed the wax not minding that it was my husband's signature in it.

"Follow us into the Encoreè" This isn't Rain. I hurriedly removed a piece of wood on the floor and packed all of the dusty bullets hoping it could still fire its way out of the gun.

Encoreè.. Their camp. They knew I would be able to escape from that petty chase. Now its Rain.

He retired, mainly because it wasn't his dream. It was mine. But who am I in this century? A mere woman.

I love Rain. I'd love him all over again. Despite the fact that his nonsense early retirement had brought us into this petty chase.

We didn't know. As floor creaks from our wooden home, I guess this is one of the most unpleasant sounds I've heard in so long. Other than his Sergeant's verdict along his loud and trembling voice saying that we had to participate in this before Rain could retire.

We just wanted to live a normal life. I just wanted to love him.

I hurriedly opened the door, hastily ran tearing my old maid's dress up to my knees by the loosened wood by the door. I had cut the tie of the cartridge that connects to the horse with my husband's knife. Getting on the horse didn't seemed painful before.

That's why the soldiers didn't bothered to come after me, They had Rain.

------------------------------------

"I love you Anna. I will be back. For you." Holding close to her face never felt this good. This time, I'm finally brave. I slowly caressed her soft cheeks while her teary-eyed hazel brown eyes still never failed to catch a beat of my heart.

It was just like the first time.

A little force uplifted my elbow which halted me from trying to comfort Anna from crying. As I turn to my side a little hand forcefully held me down.

"I love you papa, I love you mama. Don't leave anymore please. I don't want you to be a soldier." Oh, my little Rain, Jane. She had put her arms around me that all of the tears had fallen its way to her little dress.

"I will be back baby, for you and your mama. By then, I will be yours fully." As I carried her fragile porcelain skin just as her mother's. These are my treasure. I never thought my heart could thump its way back to me.

I will be theirs fully.

"This is my home now. I brought my clothes and all I needed to do is to finish some connections alright? I will be back Anna, Jane." As I held Anna's hands leaving her scent onto mine. I wasn't able to look at her anymore. I couldn't bear to see her like this.

I had passed Jane to her and had put my uniform back to its place securing my emotions that I had to do this.

I wanted to do this.

"Sir, are we ready to go?" A man in suit turned to my side and fixed his briefcase as he asked me.

"Yes. Shall we?" I took every step towards the carriage, it had felt like this. My pulse couldn't control myself as it's aching every step that I take like the first time I left Leila for a battle in Iran but I'll be leaving her for good now.

"Sergeant's waiting for you Sir. We have to clear this matter." The stiff wood seemed to go my way as it made me comfortable. My eyes had failed me for I took a peek at my family one last time before this is all over. "We will clear this out attorney." A tear fell on its own as my posture betrayed me. Leaving a sigh. I loved Leila but I love my daughter, Jane.