Chapter 9

Our home started to become our own coffins. As the cold weather turned into a hot breeze of the winds as the horses kept on monitoring us with their Sergeant on the end of it.

All I can remember these past few months is how Rain stopped interacting with me. I know he loves me.

Rain chooses to leave whenever I sit beside him. We went on like this for months. Rain never had seen me as his wife.

He provided me everything except his attention. For he had started spacing out and blanking ever since we got injected for the experiment together.

I slowly went through his back as he was sitting on the rocking chair outside the door which was facing the orange-yellowish sunrise.

I started caressing his should up to his chest hugging him at his back but without any response.

"Leila, we can't keep on doing this. I'm only here for my baby." It started again. My heart had grasped on its own and pumped faster than before. My throat had ached for it kept on stopping the tears from flowing.

I hugged him even more tight. I—I wanted him back. He loves me. That's why we're here. He loves me.

My stomach started to push as I can feel the baby's feet onto my skin. I had started grunting because of the pain I can feel. My water broke and I had removed my arms onto his shoulders putting it onto my stomach because of the pain.

"R-rain! R-ra-in!!" I called him out of pain, my legs had given up to me and my husband had panicked. He ran at our backyard preparing the carriage to set. He went back for me and carried me and put me at the back of the carriage.

My vision started to blur and to become black. I didn't know what to do. The pain, the baby, it all kept on coming at once.

"Rain!!!!!!!!" I feel as my baby on her way out. Rain rushed on smacking the horse to move to the headquarters. I held onto his chemisette as we try to rush over the headquarters.

As soon as the horse stops in front of the entrance Rain had rushed to carry me all the way to the operating room.

He did love me. No doubt.

"Leila? Leila! Leila, please, the baby." I could no longer hold my eyes longer, I took one last glance onto my Rain's eyes. His teary-eyed eyes. I know there will be tomorrow. We'll be successful in this experiment.

I love you, Rain.