Chapter 12

I woke up bare naked onto this self-resisting electricity into this shuttle-like technology that kept us in ever since I woke up.

I could not feel any of my body nor could I move with the leather belt's that is restricting me from moving. My strength hasn't come back from the last quarrel with Rain's mistress.

Rain...

I saw Rain beside me with the cord connecting to each of our shuttle to be together. He's conscious with his eyes wide open. I have to get out of this. I have to finish this stupid experiment.

The doctors aren't present just yet, the machine beside us kept on monitoring our vital signs revealing that our heartbeat had started to decrease within every minute that's wasted.

I kept on forcing myself out of this but I lost much strength and couldn't possibly be able to get out of this. I can already hear their footsteps considering that only us' present at the time being.

Another shuttle was opened and sit ready for the Couple B. The girl had probably known what the commotion was for since she had delivered her baby normally. Dr. Mendez was escorting her weak body onto the shuttle with hesitations fulfilling her face.

"Dr, please. Take Andrei away, please take one of them away from here. I can't let my babies die. It's not my fault that I had bear children. Please, doctor." As Dr. Mendez started to forcefully put her in the shuttle thinking that I was still out of consciousness.

Dr. Mendez couldn't be terrified and teary-eyed as her hand constantly shivers when she's trying to force Rebecca onto the shuttle. Dr. Mendez did not said a thing as he stopped himself from being carried away by the drama. Rebecca kept on bursting out of her tears and vehemently disagreeing to be put in the shuttle, but have we got any choice?

Rebecca started to pass out and was lied down on Dr. Mendez's arms having it easier for her to put her in the shuttle. It was the same for Kurt who went violent after hearing about her wife's complaints, he was drugged before he got into the room basing on how he carried him onto the shuttle.

I can see that after they were all set, Dr. Mendez and all other doctors started fighting Dr. Mendez having him being dragged out of the room.

I couldn't contain the confusion and fear, for I knew that we shouldn't have done this in the first place. If I just listened to Rain, if he just won't leave me.

I looked at him as he passes out in his shuttle, leaving his tears onto the device hoping that I could be there wiping those tears.

I guess I wondered how to look into your eyes without falling for its stars.

And I guess how I could fall for its stars if every sunshine wasn't mine.

"I did love you Rain." As I whispered under my breath under these bruises.

I did love you. That's why we're here, trapped under these belts having the electricity surround us with its bitterness. I did love you, I promise.

I told him, in my head, I know he can hear me. He's supposed to hear me after all he's my husband.

"Doctor Mauckintosh, can we proceed?" As my tears left its vessel and flows onto my cheek. They started to test the syringe, I guess it works as they successfully injected it to my unconscious Rain. I guess I'm next.

------------------------------------

I heard my heart pound. It woke me up.

I heard my heart pound, alone.

Alone.

I looked for the stars.

Stars.

It was drowsy, maybe because of the medicine that was injected to be here.

I couldn't fathom why it felt like this.

"Rain?" I tried to reach out to that body beside me.

It was red

Was it tears?

My heart was pounding faster

But still alone

I had no straps.

I had no bruises.

He had no life.

We had two moons.

I guess he did not love me anymore, after all.