Chapter 8

We had reached his truck revealing that he's panicking because of the constant shivering of his hands which I did not notice while we were running a while back.

The stars didn't seem to count itself into this starry night. I hope this won't end. I smiled of course with hesitation as I turn myself to see his facial expression.

What would he do next? I do not want any more love.

He's still smiling, different from daddy's.

We walked into an empty alley after he parked his truck nearby, he held onto my pulse who's smaller than the encircled palm of his', we rushed into a small apartment leaving my own sanity away. With this body, I could not do anything but to abide. We rushed into this small apartment as if he was trying to avoid something. He opened the door for me while he was looking left and right being cautious as he can be. I stared at him. Not knowing what to do. He nodded and signed that I should come inside.

What is it that awaits for me within this walls?

It was starting for the skies to cry, I went in for I didn't want to lose this.

I started walking onto his slippery tiles while staying my head down. He closed his iron door and slammed it within the black painted walls. As he opened the lights neon blue, red and green lights were all over revealing his calming place and his own collection of weaponry.

He started to untie his belt as he walk towards his bed. It left me shivering not knowing what to do—where to go. He paused for a minute and stared at me.

I can see him clearly now, his tall and manly stance with his facial hair around his chin and his hard-rock chest that I purposely missed when he carried me to the truck.

"I'm sorry, Sky." He had put back his belt onto where it belongs. He didn't have Daddy's smiles. He walked away from me leaving me onto his hallway kneeling and not knowing what comes next.

"Here, take it." He stretched his arms onto me while still respecting my personal space. He did not know what to do to calm me down and his facial expressions became a little bit serious than how he smiled a while back. He gave me a shirt that goes over my knee with a proper sleeve unlike this dress of mine right now. He offered his help by signing to help me in dressing myself as he knew how I struggled lifting my arms. I turned my back to him.

I do not want any more love.

I forcefully stretched my arm until I was able to change clothes. As I turn back to his direction, I can see that he had proceeded inside his apartment.

I'm still shivering but out of coldness, I tried my best to lift my knees as I tried to walk towards him.

Onto his window pane he was there—sitting. I can see that he's trying to fix or clean or just hold his gun. It was long, It had two handles and an extension at the end or the silencer—just like what I had read in books.

"Sky" Called me without looking at me, he still caresses his gun making it shinier than before while I struggle to come closer to him for every step felt heavier than the last ones.

"Sky, why won't you talk to me?" I stopped halfway of the room because he started to stand up in front of me lifting his long gun on his left hand and taking his away pistol on his right hand.

"You'll have to pay to live, Sky." He walked towards me. Within this cold tiles and the neon lights surrounding each of us. I wanted to talk. I wanted to tell him that I have nothing to pay him.

"With this." He pointed his long gun at me leaving me agape. I felt like I was stuck at the same surface of the same coldness, of the same tiles but with different smile.

It's right in front of my head. He did reach for me with his right hand. Bearing the gun's handle facing right in front of me.