Chapter 10

As soon as I opened my eyes only to glare at the ceiling light, I sought for my baby's voice but I ended up hearing---

"Doctor, whose baby are we going to switch to hers?" They continuously moved to the other room only for me to hear their mumbles

Whose baby?

"Switch Leila's and the other couple with the other babies in the room for us to keep their baby. We'll need them for the experiment. As soon as the couples reaches the Alternate Universe, it will be done" The doctor pointed out and continued to walk away my room. The doctor. They fooled us. I couldn't feel my legs just yet, nor could I set my vision straight.

I need to take my baby away.

I lifted my arms like an excess baggage that I have and removed all of the support onto my body. As I find a support to actually lift up my whole body I accidentally fell along the materials beside me.

What's this?

A screen revealing my whole biometrics and vital signs had fallen onto me seeing how they connected me and Rain. I couldn't seem to fathom why do they need my baby, we signed on it. We signed without actually reading the contract since they had discussed that my baby will live freely and will only be monitored from afar. How did they come to this?

I made an awful noise which led the doctors to take a look back to check me while I tried to stand still again

"Doctor! Rush into here! The other couple will be bearing their child in a minute." I can hear their footsteps rush away from my room. I should warn them. I should warn him, them. I stood and suddenly fell onto the walls—using it as a support for I still cannot feel my legs properly.

"R-rain." I whispered under my breath, I need to inform him. I need him to get our baby away.

I went to the nursery room just a few blocks away from mine, it was small and narrow. Only my baby and another was there at this time. I almost did fell onto my feet but as I held onto the knob I persisted on walking towards the babies.

I tried to stand on my own, not being able to feel my legs still--- putting all of my weight on their little beds. I only wanted caress their little faces which formed a smile on my numb face but I had no time.

I looked at their feet seeing which one's mine. Seeing that they had specific names attached on their foot, I chose the one that has my name on it. I switched the tags and left my name with the other baby, I tried to carry her out with me but I still can't manage to carry myself

"Rain!!!!!!" I shouted—which was a wrong move but all I could think of is him getting us out of here. I started hearing footsteps which made my adrenaline rush on its own, I was then finally able to carry my baby out of panic but still weakly walked out of the room seeking for Rain, and the exit.

I ought not to be caught by everyone for they would halt me from being with my baby. I vehemently made my legs work and walked through the empty hallway that leads to the back door.

The headquarter hadn't been occupied fully, still for they only have or they say—needed limited sectors to conduct this study which is why they are going to fail for we are running out of this.

"R-rain" I couldn't see him anywhere, I proceeded to walk my way out of exit only to hope that Rain would be seeking for us once they noticed that we were gone.

I can already feel the breeze from the outside world only to see the stars and the sky. My baby and I with my Rain would successfully live this life. I know it.

I held onto the smooth handle of the door as I pushed through it fighting against the wind of this cold night, I saw Rain.

Who are you?