FOUR: Minimal

Alex's Point of View

As soon as the police turned up at the bank where I had finished dealing with the multiple robbers on scene, I decided to take this opportunity to head back to the apartment and rest up for the night. By this point, I felt absolutely exhausted as well as in agony from the small stab wound I had obtained on my left side.

Of course any stab wound, no matter the size, wasn't the ideal souvenir I wanted to take away from a crime scene, but compared to other injuries I had seen Peter return from missions with Tony and the Avengers, I saw this one as minimalistic. All I needed to do was get back to the apartment, climb through my bedroom window and hobble to the first aid kit kept under my bed to put a tight bandage round the cut. Then I could go to sleep and pretend this never happened.

But for now, I pressed my hand against the wound to apply pressure and stop the bleeding, and began a slow swing back to the apartment carefully.

I knew I had told Peter I wouldn't get involved in any major crimes tonight whilst he was meeting with Tony, and I had tried my best to try and avoid getting involved with the robbery when I notice it first begin. But as I observed the scene getting worse, with both screaming adults and children present yet a lack of police arriving to the scene, I knew I had the responsibility of protecting the people. All I had to hope for was that no one at the Avengers facility found out about the crime.

Arriving at the base of the apartment building, I looked up at my window and internally groaned. Of course May and Ben had brought the apartment on the top 6th floor of the apartment complex we all lived in. Sure, it helped us have nice views over the city; but it wasn't handy when when you're badly injured and need to sneak back into the apartment.

I decide to call Peter as I stood awkwardly at the bottom of the building, and waited three rings before he answered, "H-hey Alex, what's up?"

He sounded... different. But I didn't comment on it as I was just desperate to get inside, "Are you back from the Avengers facility yet?"

"Y-yeah I am. I'm in my room, why?"

"I need you to come and open my bedroom window... I got slightly injured on my patrol and I kind of need a bit of help?"

Peter was quick to respond that he was on his to my room to assist me, so I ended the call so I could focus my full attention on scaling the building to the top. My heart raced as I moved my hand away from my wound as pain began to rush to it. Nonetheless I carried on the climb, knowing this was the last stretch before I could get into bed and sleep the pain off.

As I reach the window, I notice it was already open, so I quickly climb in and land on my bed with a somewhat loud thump as I breathe out. My room was pitch black, and remained that way until I found the strength to sit up, close the window as well as the my curtains, at this point being when Peter flipped the light switch on for my room.

"Are you ok?" My brother questions as I turn my head to look at where he was standing. Pulling off the mask, I observe that, despite it being 2am, he was still wearing the same jeans and hoodie he had been wearing when I left him at school earlier that day. Usually whenever I got home super late from a mission, even as early as 1am, Peter would be in his pyjamas either asleep or playing some online game with Ned.

"Why are you dressed still?" I question, ignoring his question as he walked towards me, "It's 2am."

"Me first," Peter tells me, holding his hand out towards me, "Are you o-"

I guessed that was the moment he noticed blood on the glove on my hand as he immediately knelt on the bed to look at the left side of my hip which was currently facing the wall, completely stopping his sentence. He notices the cut on my side and his eyes immediately widen, "What happened to you?!"

"Nothing!" I respond with a nervous laugh, though I stop as I notice as Peter's expression doesn't show his shared amusement, "Okay fine, I was minimally stabbed-"

"Minimally?" He questions, a hint of him freaking out coming through his tone of voice, "There is no such thing as a 'minimal' stab; you're either stabbed or not stabbed-"

"It's merely a graze," I respond, "You should see the other guy he full on stabbed when I dodged his second attempt on me."

Peter says nothing but shakes his head. I get up to grab the first aid kit from under my bed when I hear a male cough from outside the room, causing me to freeze before I look up at Peter who too had frozen at hearing the same cough, "Is someone here?" I hiss, "And is that while your still dressed?"

It was Peter's turn to awkwardly laugh as he rubbed the back of his neck, "Okay, you need to promise not to freak out when I tell you this."

"What?"

"Whilst you dealt with the robbery... I was obviously with Tong at the time and... FRIDAY brought it up to him as well as Steve whilst I was talking to them..." My eyes widen immediately as Peter continues, "I had no choice but to tell them about you... and they insisted to come and meet you right now."

"But what about May?" I question, nerves building up in me, "Is she asleep?"

"Fortunately, yes. And we all know May is a deep sleeper, so we should be fine to have the conversation in this room if I go and get them now-"

Peter goes towards the door to open it, but I immediately stop him by throwing a web out to prevent him from carrying on, "At least let me get changed first. I don't really want them to meet me and know I was stabbed."

"You want to hide from Mr Stark you were seriously injured?" Peter questions, and when I don't respond, he sighs and breaks the webbing I had shot at him with a simple tug, "Fine. Meet me in my room in 5 minutes, and be ready to be interrogated by Tony Stark and Steve Rogers."

I nod my head as he leaves the room, closing the door behind him, leaving me stood in the middle of the room dumbfounded at what Peter had just told me.

Well, I guess I was no longer some hidden gem in Peter's life.