TWENTY: Suits

It was inevitable there would be questions about the blood on my sweater as soon as we saw someone outside of the school environment. First it was Happy, who, as soon as I got into the car, questioned the stains on the front, resulting in Peter giving me his coat to wear over the top of my sweater to hide the blood once we got to the facility.

"So, am I meant to pretend I saw nothing?" Happy questions as he continues to drive us, making eye contact with me through the rear-view mirror, causing me to laugh awkwardly.

"Happy-"

"Because I've gotten good at hiding things people tell me! Like I haven't even told you about what sort of inappropriate and expensive films Peter was charged for in his hotel room in Germany-" he abruptly stops what he was saying, realising his mistake. I raised an eyebrow and looked at Peter in amusement, who too was glowing bright red as he tried to hide his obvious embarrassment.

"He's joking..." Peter tries to cover up, but I knew he was lying as he was still getting flustered and when I pretended to look away, saw him give Happy dagger eyes through the rear view mirror, making me giggle.

Thankfully after that little slip up from Happy, the subject of the blood stain was quickly pushed away, as I tried to get Peter to tell me what sort of films he was watching. Of course I had a pretty good idea of what they were, but winding Peter up about them and making him flustered was always a good source of entertainment for me.

By the time we got to the facility, my nerves had subsided as I zipped up Peter jacket to hide the stains and walked alongside him into the building. FRIDAY welcomed the two of us and informed us that she had made both Steve and Tony aware that we had arrived. I still found this feature very much creepy.

"I have a surprise for you today," Tony informs me as the two of us arrive at the lab, Steve greeting me and Peter happily also.

"Oh yeah?" I question as I sit down on a spinning chair in the room, still looking at where Tony was working, "And what would that be?"

Tony turns to look at Peter with a grin, "Pete, do you mind going to get it?"

Peter nods his head and wanders off across the lab, a smile plastered on his face as he follows Tony's instructions. I raise an eyebrow and look between the two adults, "This is all very suspicious."

"Trust me, you're going to love it," Steve smiles, looking at Tony who too was smiling proudly.

The sound of footsteps get louder and looking to my right I see Peter carrying a large grey case, which I instantly recognise from Peter's vlog that he had shown me when we had gotten back from Germany. My eyes lit up as he places it down on the table, and I look towards Tony and Steve in shock, "Is that... is that my suit?!"

"Indeed it is," Tony smiles as he gestures a hand towards it, "Go on, open it. It just finished being made this morning."

Still in utter bewilderment, I got up and walked up to the case, my entire body shaking as I reached forward and opened the case, revealing my suit folded up neatly inside, mask and logo and all.

"I think she might be speechless," Steve comments from behind me, making me turn around to look at the three of them, as Peter had joined them in standing besides Tony.

"This is... insane!" I say, the words spilling out of my mouth before I could process them, "LIke that's for me? That suit is actually for me?"

"Well it's not for Cap here, is it?" Tony comments, causing us to chuckle, "Now come on, throw us your coat and go and try it on!"

I unzip the coat and go to take it off when I freeze and rezip it back up. So far they were unaware of the blood on my sweater, and I'd like it to remain that way for as long as possible, "Actually, it's a bit cold in here. I'll keep it on until I get into the suit," I lie, turning around to look at the three of them again, a look on Peter's face as if to say good save, but confusion on Tony and Steve's face.