FOURTEEN: October 27th

October 27th, 2015

Me and Peter sat in my room where I was sewing up a hole he had made in his Spiderman costume whilst out stopping a speeding car crash into a school bus in New York town centre the previous night.

"The stupid material got caught on the cars wing mirror and made it rip," he moaned, clearly annoyed by the destruction of his suit, "But hey, at least I stopped the crash!"

"Yeah but you also got a massive cut on your wrist from it," I note, pointing at one of the cuts on Peter's wrist, causing him to put his hand over it to try and hide it, "Therefore tonight I'm going to be the one to go round Queens on patrol and you're on duty of covering for me."

"Whatever, I didn't want to go anyway," Peter mumbled as he nudged me playfully, "So where are you 'going' tonight as your cover story? You know May will only get suspicious and you're the one good at these cover stories unlike me."

"Tell her I'm off to the 'library'," I lie as I finish the sewing job on his suit and hand it back to him. Standing up I grab my backpack which my suit had already packed into it. Both of our suits were handmade from fabric I had brought from the market two months ago once we realised our newly found abilities and their endless possibilities. Sure, we weren't on par with huge superheroes like the Avengers, but we were getting there slowly.

Hopefully, anyway.

I say goodbye to Peter before putting the backpack on and heading out to the living room where May was sat watching TV, "Hey, I'm just off to the library to finish a last minute project, but don't wait up for me," I tell her, making sure she would be in bed before I get back. I look around, noticing the lack of my Uncle being present, "Where's Uncle Ben?"

"We ran out of some food supplies so he offered to go and get some as well as running a few errands like getting me some more gin," May tells me with a smile, "Don't be too long at that library though, Alex. I know school is important to you and all, and you want to get good grades, but don't tire yourself out doing all this work."

"I won't," I lie to May with a smile as I leave the appartement, obviously not about to tell her that I wasn't going to the library, but instead was going to roam around Queens for a few hours to ensure no bad crimes were going on.

My evening on patrol was pretty uneventful at the beginning. There was a man trying to steal a bike which I stopped, and I'd also helped a man find his lost dog. Usually Peter would branch out and head into New York if his patrol was this boring, but I stuck it out, making entertainment as I walked along the rooftops of some apartments, hoping over the gaps of alleyways.

I was on the verge of deciding whether head back home or not so I could get a longer sleep before going to school the next day when I heard the sound of someone screaming and a gunshot. I swung down the road in a hurry to find the source of the commotion, coming across a business with smashed windows and the open sign flickering with sparks. It was our local corner shop which me and Peter often went into when Delmar's was closed or we wanted a lot of sweets for cheap last minute. Moving towards the front entrance, I noticed a man in a balaclava stood in front of the till, gun pointed towards the worker stood behind it, yelling at him to give him all of the money.

The man at the till looked terrified. I'd never seen him before so I could only assume he was new to the job, and I watched as his eyes flickered anxiously between two other spots in the shop, making me realise there were other innocent people in the shop with him.

"Did you not hear what I said? Give me all of your money or I swear to God I'll shoot this place up!" The man snaps, using this opportunity to point the gun at the ceiling and shoot, making the man behind the till jump and the sound of a woman's voice scream from within the shop.