TWELVE: Nick Fury

Sunday. Usually I spend the day doing any homework I had due for the week ahead by either sitting in my room with my headphones in, or changing up the scenery and going to the library to do the work as both me and Peter were missing the required textbook to do the required work.

But today was a little different. As at 9 o'clock this morning as I was barely waking up, Peter barged into my room, phone in hand and still in his pyjamas, "Nick Fury is calling me."

"So? Answer it," I grumble as I sit up and rub my eyes to try and force myself to wake up.

"It's Nick Fury! As in the guy who Steve and Mr Stark are currently suspicious of because of the whole file situation!" Peter tells me, as if it was going to change my previous statement.

"And, as I said, answer it. Maybe he has some answers for us," I tell him with a roll of my eyes. 

He goes to talk back to me with another excuse but I give him a stern look which, eventually, he gives in as he answers the phone and puts it to his ear, "Hey Mr Fury! Is everything alright?" His change in tone from panic to a happy as if he wasn't scared shitless of Nick Fury made me smile as I got up out the bed and made it whilst Peter moved to stand in my doorway awkwardly talking to Nick Fury.

"He wants us both to come by the SHIELD Headquarters immediately so we can talk in private," Peter tells me after getting off the phone, causing us to look at each other in both confusion but also panic.

Great, now I too was developing a fear of Nick Fury.

By 11.30 me and Peter were walking up to the front entrance of the SHEILD Headquarters. Of course I had never met Nick Fury, and had hoped he never would meet me as this just secured the fact that the Avengers and those also with power now knew of my existence. Peter had never met Fury either in person, their relationship so far only going so far as to having one phone call with him a few months ago, and even that was brief.

"I mean at least we can actually share this first time experience together for once?" Peter tries to make the situation better for the two of us as we were directed to the lift by the woman at reception in order to reach Fury's office. 

Everyone employed by SHIELD were under the impression me and Peter were apart of the Stark Internship and had been referred to Fury in order to discuss some changes in the program. Of course it was a whole load of waffly bullshit that even Tony wasn't aware was going on. As far as Tony and Steve back at the Avengers compound were concerned, me and Peter were using this 'day off' to do homework and whatever students do, not walking through a high security office block in New York.

Once we reached Nick Fury's office, me and Peter spent a few seconds hovering outside his door procrastinating on knocking. We knew we would have to talk to him, but facing such a hyped up and scary individual made us obviously nervous. We had a small incline this discussion would revolve around the files, but we were unsure how, and whether the news would be good or bad. And that was frightening.

With enough courage, we finally knocked the door and entered his large open office where he stood at the window, overlooking the view out of his office, "I'm glad the two of you were able to make it. I presume by the number of rings it took for Peter Parker to answer my call, he was a little distressed by my sudden reach out to you."

Peter simply laughed awkwardly in response to the comment to try and hide the fact that Fury had been able to figure out his clear nerves earlier that morning, whilst I followed Fury's arm gesturing for the two of us to sit on two chairs opposite his desk. We complied and sat down as he looked at us from where he still stood at the window, "It's nice to meet the two of you in person finally."