FIVE: Interrogation

After I was certain I was securely bandaged up, I pulled on black leggings, a baggy t-shirt to help hide the bandage and fixed my hair before venturing out of my room and walked towards Peter's room situated directly opposite. From the cracks around his door, I could see the lights of his room indicating there were people in there, sat in there, waiting for me.

I was unsure of why I wanted to delay meeting Steve and Tony so much as I unconsciously walked to the kitchen to grab a glass of water to drink whilst stood by the sink rethinking over everything suddenly occurring. Maybe it was because meeting these two Avengers had always been a dream of mine, and now the moment was upon me, a flood of butterflies decided to descend onto me. Or maybe it was the idea that meeting these two meant it was closer to May finding out me and Peter had been hiding our superpowers for a year and a half from her. After all, that was the belief I had made myself into believe.

Once I finished the glass of water, I finally faced the next hurdle ahead of me and walked back down the hallway back to Peter's room. Hand on the door handle, I took a few deep breaths and opened the door open before my head could process it and back out.

As soon as I entered I felt three pairs of eyes all look at me. Tony had made himself comfortable on the only chair in the room which belonged to Peter's desk, and Steve and Peter sat side by side on his bed. Immediately I felt out of place, like I had walked into some exclusive VIP area in a club (not that I had actually been to a club) and wasn't wearing the right wristband to actually be there.

I close the door softly behind me and smiled at the people still sat there, "Well I guess you already know who I am," I begin the conversation off, hoping that somebody would continue on from it, breaking the silence.

"Indeed we do, Alexandra Parker," Tony responds. The use of my full name made my skin come up in goose-bumps; it felt like I was in trouble with these people, since Alexandra was only used by May when she was pissed off at me for something or other I had done.

"Just Alex is fine," I tell him as I lean against the wall that stuck out besides Peter's doorway.

"So what inspired to keep yourself hidden from us?" Tony began to question me as Peter had warned me earlier he would, "Because you have an impressive skill set, Alex. And surely with your twin brother getting help from me and my team, surely you wanted the same recognition too?"

I pause and look at my brother who was sat next to Steve. He looked a lot more nervous than before, though I kept watching his eyes drift from my gaze to down at my hip where I knew he was concerned about the injury I had obtained whilst out dealing with the robbery. Besides him, I happened to catch Steve's eye, who sent me a warming smile, as if to tell me without words that this was a safe environment to just talk about my feelings and the truth.

Besides, if I did anything but say the truth, I knew Tony had his ways of finding it out.

"Sure, I would have loved the same recognition Peter got from you guys," I finally open up, looking between the three people, "And sure, I was jealous of all the cool stuff Peter was able to do with you at the lab and you in training," I look between Tony and Steve before I look towards Peter, "And sure I wished could have had my own suits and not just his passed down ones because I'm slightly shorter than Peter and the suit gets a bit baggy on my legs..." I realised I was getting off topic and immediately corrected myself, "But none of that mattered in comparison to keeping May safe. She is the only family me and Peter have left in our lives and we always thought that if May ever found out the truth... we could be putting her at risk if something happened."

"Right, because if May knew the truth, she may try and get herself involved more in an area of your life you'd rather protect her from, and then you get afraid that something bad could happen to her," Steve put together, making you nod as he summarised your feelings.