Chapter One: Introduction

Flash from the Past

✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨

Today was your 21st birthday! At this time you are found inside your mother's house. You wore a romantic red dress that stops right above the knees with crisscrossed straps opening in the back and a slit running along the left leg. The shoes you wore with it were black two-inch high heels. Your mom put on a gorgeous silver chain necklace that belonged to Grandma to complete the look perfectly.

Insecurity was something you always remain having but on that night you thought you looked pretty.

Your mom was taking you to a bar later on tonight, just you and her for a girl's night out.

"I can't believe how much you've grown up!" she exclaimed, teary-eyed.

You and she were standing side by side, peering at the full-body mirror before the night out. You noticed how much you and Mom looked alike right then and there.

"Time just flies by." was your response to her.

Mom gave you a firm hug. Your dad never knew what to say at times like this. When he awkwardly entered the room he automatically extended his arms out to you. Sometimes actions happen to be better than words.

It was nice out for February. I thought about bringing a coat just in case but I didn't. It was about 5:00 pm when you and your mom arrived at the bar. She turned off the car's engine and stared at you with her unique eyes, with milk chocolate iris, with a sky blue outline.

"We're here to have a good time, but don't get too carried away and drink too much."

You accepted her command. You were an official adult now. You still followed her rules because that's how you were. You followed rules all the time and hardly ever had a wild streak in your bones.

Entering the bar was such an experience for you. Lights were flashing left to right and upbeat music was blaring throughout the building. It was music you didn't care for because you had vehemence for the 70s and 80s music that your parents grew up to.

You couldn't believe how vibrant the lights were, anyone who was wasted enough would be sick to their stomachs.

You and your mom found a spot more towards the back of the bar where the lights were more dim.

"The music here sucks," you mentioned with a chuckle after your mom ordered the drinks.

"It could be a lot worse." your mom agreed.

Two hours had passed by. You were tipsy, having a blast by spending quality time with your mother. Lots of shared laughs and stories with her brought up such great memories.

Your mom went to the restroom and you were alone at the table. You were uncomfortable, especially because you were in a bar where anything could happen. You drummed your fingers on the table anxiously.

"Hey beautiful." a man with a sonorous voice approached you.

You turned yourself around immediately and took a gander at a good-looking man in front of your very eyes.

"Me?" you squeaked, your eyes bolted left to right.

The atmosphere seems to have darkened which left your chest feeling heavy.

He bellowed,

"Yes, you."

The man flashed a charming smile, a smile that could fool anyone, especially a woman. He had a large reputation for using women for their bodies and so much more.

He was smooth you thought, you couldn't resist. But how wrong were you? You were too blind to see behind his devilish disguise.

"Well, hi", you said demurely, giving a short wave.

Watch out for anything suspicious.

He held out his hand and asked for a dance. This was all happening too swiftly.

You blushed,

"No, thank you." You rejected him, "I don't dance."

"Come on, it will be great." he pleaded.

You thought for a moment as you stared into his smooth almond-colored eyes. Oh, what the heck, you are only young once!

He took your hand and pulled you to the dance floor.

What's your name?" He asked while you two danced individually.

"Briana."

"What a beautiful name."

Then he said his name.

You were too naive to realize the disgusting way he looks up and down your body. As you two dance, he takes any chance he gets to glimpse at your cleavage and up your dress.

You enjoyed the attention you were getting from this rat. Men never noticed you the way he did. You thought to yourself what about tonight had you gotten some head turns? Suppose it's the dress, maybe it's because you have lost weight since high school.

You two danced for a while more until he persuaded you to meet his friends. You spotted your mom and rushed to her to explain your plan for the night. The drinking went over your head.

"Okay...just be careful."

You could tell your mom is uncomfortable with your foolish decision.

"I promise, I'll be careful."

The last view you had of your Mom was her smiling weakly.

You darted back over to the man and his friends.

Then later you realized that was one of the worst mistakes you ever had made.