- FIVE.

˚◞♡  ⃗*ೃ༄

"you really think so? thank you so much y/n! i knew you were gonna tell me the right thing to do"

"well yeah, of course— anything for a good friend" you solemnly replied, practically being able to hear the smile on his face as he spoke. of course, it definitely hurt, but you couldn't do anything about it. at the end of the day, it was his life, and sometimes you had to make decisions that would be best for him. "well anyways— i uhm gotta go..."

"oh? really? y/n's busy for once— that's a shocker!" alex said with a classic chuckle, "well— when you're done bein' busy for once you should definitely call me again", he noted.

"sure thing, alex" you said, attempting to stop a sigh to escape from your mouth. "i'll call you soon" you finished.

"bye y-.."

you couldn't do it, you left the call before he could even say anything- hearing the words he was about to say was practically admitting to defeat. it was hearing someone you love saying goodbye to the idea that you could ever be together.

˚◞♡  ⃗*ೃ༄

˚◞♡   ⃗*ೃ༄

˚◞♡  ⃗*ೃ༄

"no y/n i don't fucking care you idiot- i'm on my way right now. you literally live like 5 minutes away" tommy said into his phone, as he was already hopping on the train over to your house. "i'm not gonna let some 5'8 loser make my best friend make sad boi hour twitter posts" he joked attempting to lighten your spirts with his classic sense of humor.

"are you sure?" you asked, "i just don't wanna be a bother-"

"welp too late i'm already on the train to your house as we speak—"

"i fucking hate you-" you sighed, picking up your phone and placing it next to you on your bed as you laid down, "well- i guess i'll see you when you get here, stinker-"

"i'll see you soon y/n-" he said, before ending the call.

" tommy's  coming over!" you exclaimed from your bedroom, knowing that it wouldn't be a big deal, especially considering the fact that your parents were friends with his parents before you guys even existed. hell, he even had a spare key to your house, but you still told your mom when he was coming over just out of courtesy, you know?

a few minutes later you shot up out of your bed, hearing your front door unlock, and a familiar energetic voice greet your mom as he walked up the stairs. walking over to your door, you opened it up to some face to face with tommy standing there.

"okay, so what are we watching?" he enthused, pushing you away as he jumped on your bed.

grabbing your laptop you followed him and sat beside him with a laugh, "i don't know- you're the one that literally came her without a warning you weirdo".

"don't act like you don't love me, y/n" he joked, playfully shoving your side as he searched for something for the two of you to watch.

as tommy searched, you felt you phone vibrate in your pocket, looking at the screen, you saw that you had gotten a message from alex, with a sigh, you simply placed the phone back in your pocket and decided that it would be best to ignore him for the night.

i mean, c'mon y/n, your best friend was sitting right beside you, and the two of you were about to have an epic movie night. you had to let it go, and live in the moment. after all, your whole life couldn't revolve around him, and you knew that.

(a/n : sorry this chapter is shorter than usual loves! i'll be double updating today and the next one will be a doozy so b ready for that hehe)