ᴇ ɪ ɢ ʜ ᴛ·°

...

Haneul and Byeol were ecstatic when they found out their best friends were going to stay for 3 months and decided to spend the time wisely. Bom and Haru mainly came to attend the reunion. But the duo along with Byeol, had other intentions. They were determined to take Haneul with them this time. It was time she got over her trauma. It's been 6 long years for god's sake.

As it's their first day back in Seoul, all of them came to a joint conclusion- have a sleepover at Haneul's. Her house was perfect location for these things. The rooftop, with her buddies under the night sky full of stars- what more did one need life?

Since Byeol had a meeting and Haneul didn't get a day off , they all decided to meet up at her house after sunset. It was a much needed girl's night for them.

-

Byeol arrived a bit early for the meeting and was getting impatient by the minute. Apparently, the editorial staff was having a conference. It wasn't really a meeting she had. Her friend had referenced her to this company and she had already told the Editor-in-Chief about Byeol. So she only had to talk a bit, sign a contract and handover the manuscript.

Byeol's were fixed on her phone as she scrolled through nothing in particular. Something that could be frequently seen doing by her.

After a while, she was interrupted as the receptionist came and told her that the EIC was ready to meet her. Without wasting any time, she swiftly got up and followed the young woman who led her to a room far down the hallway.

The interior design of the company was very modern. The employees could be seen working away vigorously behind their desks, some were answering calls, some working on their computers. The walls on Byeol's right side were covered with the company's bestselling book covers which was a very nice artistic touch.

The door clicked open when the woman was about to knock, letting out a group of people which was the editorial staff, Byeol assumed. The receptionist told her to go in. Byeol took a quick glance at the person sitting behind the wooden desk before closing the door.

He was wearing a grey blazer and a black shirt underneath. He looked young, seemingly in his 20s. His hair was falling over his eyes so she couldn't entirely make out a face. Some locks of hair on the right side was neatly tucked behind his ear. His table was adequately organized and also had a few photo frames, she noticed.

When Byeol reached the table, she saw that he was signing some papers. She cleared her throat but he didn't look up just yet.

"Hi, you must be the new author," the guy spoke without shifting his eyes from the papers on the table, "very sorry to make you wait but we were having an emergency mee-" he stopped in his tracks when he looked up to see.