ᴇ ʟ ᴇ ᴠ ᴇ ɴ·°

...

It's April. The cherry blossoms have started to bloom. And the reunion, it's here.

"Pass me that box, Byeol, " Haneul said as she packed her bag.

She was leaving for Busan two days prior to the reunion. Her and Byeol were supposed to go together, but Haneul's mother had told her to come by early and spend some time with the family.

"Which one?" Asked Byeol. Haneul pointed at the small white box sitting on top her vanity.

Byeol got up from the bed and went towards the vanity. She took the box and then handed it over to Haneul.

"Here, " Byeol said as she gave Haneul the box. But she didn't hear her. Haneul sighed for the nth time today as she nibbled on her lower lip, thinking about something. She was zoning out, again.

"Hellooo, earth to Han?" Byeol waved her hands in front of Haneul's eyes, snapping her into reality.

"Is everything alright? You've been sighing and zoning out continuously, all morning, " Byeol shot the latter a worried look.

Haneul sighed again. "I don't know, Byeol. I just don't feel like going. You know why I don't go to these kinda functions, " she spoke. "It messes me up." She wasn't exactly thrilled about going. But since Bom and Haru insisted, she thought of giving it a chance.

Byeol went up and gave her best friend a tight hug.

"It's okay, Han. You've been through a lot. But I know that you know, " she pointed at Haneul, "it's time for a change. Time to stop letting them get to you. And besides, we're gonna be there by your side. No one can mess with you while I'm there." This time, Byeol heaved a deep sigh. "It's about time I make it up to you. I still hate myself for just standing there and not doing anything."

"Byeol, don't say that. You know I don't like it when you say these kinda stuff, " Haneul spoke as she ran an affectionate hand on Byeol's back.

"But Han, I didn't do anything back then. When those literal snakes spit out nothing but bullshit about you, I couldn't defend you, " Byeol's eyes were brimming with tears. "You cried that day so hard and I was heartbroken. I couldn't be there for you." She looked at Haneul, "you know how you always stand up for me? How you defend me in front of others? When you say you'll break the faces of anyone who dares to mess with me?" A tear fell from her eye but she hastily wiped it off.

"I still feel guilty, every time I hear or see you do things like that. I mean, how can you even call me your best friend after all of that?" She buried her face in her hands, causing the words to get muffled.

Haneul only pulled Byeol into the tightest embrace anyone could possibly imagine. And also lightly smacked her back.

"Say that again and you shall face my wrath," said Haneul which caused a light chuckle to leave Byeol's mouth.