ғ ɪ ғ ᴛ ᴇ ᴇ ɴ·°

note: huge ass chapter ahead so buckle up :D

...

"Where are you taking me, San?" Haneul asked, as she looked around her from inside the car, trying to figure out where they were going. "Haru made you do this, didn't she?"

San glanced at her. Every time they passed a street light, it would illuminate her face in such a way that the glitters on her eyelids would sparkle, giving off a glimmer of the colors blue and purple. It made her look ethereal. Or at least that's what San thought. He never knew glitter eyeshadows could look so good on anyone.

"She did tell me to take you away from there, " San began as he looked straight, "but didn't tell me where. I chose to come here. And I think you're gonna like it." He smiled a little.

Haneul frowned a bit at his words and rolled her eyes. "Gosh. They worry way too much. I'm totally fine. Now we're gonna miss the lights-out ceremony." She huffed and looked at her wrist. It was nearing midnight.

"Well, you're right. But, " he paused for second and looked outside his window to point straight, "look."

Haneul now realized where San had brought her. It was that park. That same park where she used to hang out during high school. And even more to her surprise, both sides of the roads were filled with cherry blossom trees.

San parked the car by one side of the road and both of them came out. Haneul may been gotten a bit too excited since she thought that all the petals had already fallen off. But no. If San hadn't brought her here, she probably wouldn't have gotten to see them for another whole year. Her work makes it difficult to have these kind of outings.

She quickly slipped out of the car towards a tree and stood under it, closing her eyes in the process, taking in the sweet smell and the familiarity. It was a place close to her heart as it held many great memories. She felt good to be back.

San wanted to open the door for her but she had already gotten out. A loving smile crept up on his lips as he saw Haneul all giddy and happy. He took out his phone and without thinking much he clicked her pictures. It was a bit breezy that day, making petals fall vigorously from the trees. She looked so heavenly under the trees that San couldn't help himself from capturing the moment.

The sound of picture clicking brought Haneul back from her little bubble and she walked back to where San was now standing and he quickly shoved his phone in his coat pocket, not wanting to be caught.

"Sorry, I can't hold myself back when I see cherry blossoms. I love them!" She smiled sheepishly and didn't even try to hide to excitement in her voice. San found her extremely cute and laughed.

"It's totally fine. I love the cherry blossoms too. They're really pretty!" San exclaimed.

"I haven't been here since forever, let's walk around a bit?" Haneul tilted her head and asked.