Chapt. 3 ~ Rescuing

• ~ Third Person Perspective ~ •

Jack paced worried, June arrived automatically after hearing that the bots knew where (Y/n) was and how they'd get her back. With the first message, Rafael was able to trace the position of the origin, the next step would be for Ratchet to find the correct frequency that would reveal the warship, past the cloaking device.

It took a while for Ratchet to find the solution. A little too long that they'd need to retrace her position. Jack sent (Y/n) another message. It took a moment, but she soon responded. Raf found the origin once more and they managed to get past the cloak and find the coordinates of the warship.

"Send us there immediately." Optimus demanded. Wanting to take advantage of this rather quick rescue. It was now only Saturday. Usually these things took much more time, like weeks or months. He didn't want to lose their advantage now.

"Groundbridge starting up." Ratchet said, the portal giving a whine before opening up in a spiral of green, blue and white. Optimus, Arcee, and Bumblebee were quick to enter the grounds of the warship. Looking around for any sign of decepticons, they heard Megatron himself.

"Rest easy, fleshy." His voice echoed through the hall. Quick after, a loud gasp echoed. They heard Megatron laugh to himself as he left. Walking in the direction opposite of the autobots position. The robots went in the direction where his voice had came from.

There was a door. After a few minutes of tinkering to open the door, it opened. They quickly went into the room, Arcee keeping watch.

Optimus' optics widened at the sight of the curled up female bleeding out in her undergarments. Opening the cage, Optimus grabbed the woman, and the rag that was in there. He wrapped the girl in it and he quickly called Ratchet for a groundbridge.

Once it opened, Arcee and Bumblebee ran through. When Optimus ran after, he heard the door open and Megatron shout his name in anger.

Arriving at base, everyone turned to the human, curled up in a ball in the rag. June took notice of the red spot on the white rag.

"Kids, go in the hall. I'll call you when you can come back." June demanded, using her serious face, which got the teens to comply quickly. She then turned to Optimus. "Lay her down in the table." June quickly went to her car.

Optimus laid the woman down on the table. She seemed faint, but she was awake. (Y/n) gave the robot a small smile.

"Thank you..." Her voice was hushed, quiet, but soft. Optimus nodded and helped June back over to you.

"Why are you always the one getting hurt?" June scolded, quickly getting the injury. (Y/n) sighed. June frowned, and was soon stitching her up. "Are you feeling alright?"

"I'm alive." (Y/n) answered simply. "That's all that matters."

"At least it's wasn't a bullet this time." June commented, giving a small smile, trying to not scold her friend.

"Yes. That would've been worse." The woman replied, calmly. "But at least last time, I was dressed."

June took off her sweater and wrapped it around (Y/n). She sat her up carefully. June went down to her car to get (Y/n) some actual clothes.

In the meantime, (Y/n) looked at the robots in front of her. She felt overwhelmed, so much seemed to happen in such a short time.

"Thank you for saving me. If I may... who were they? And who are all of you?" She asked simply. Optimus took lead as usual.

"My name is Optimus Prime. The ones you were taken by are a group called the Decepticons. We are the autobots, here to protect this planet from their evil ways. We are all sentient beings from the planet Cybertron. However, our planet is no longer habitable, so we've had to take refuge here." The red and blue bot known as Optimus explained. He received a nod from the woman.

"This is Arcee." He motioned to a pink and blue robot. "Bumblebee." A yellow and black one. "Bulkhead." A green one. "And Ratchet." A white and red one.

"It's nice to meet you all. I'm—"

"(Y/n). We know. You're a common topic around here with the children." Ratchet interrupted grumpily. That information made (Y/n) blush, embarrassed.

"So I've been told. I take it that you are all, also vehicles?" She questioned, recognizing colors and taking notice of Ratchet's ambulances symbol.

"Indeed." Optimus responded. The woman nodded. "Ratchet. You will be her guardian."

"Pardon?" (Y/n) asked, confused.

"Optimus, with all do respect. I am far too busy to keep watch of some human." Ratchet exclaimed, turning away from the computer to face the blue and red robot.

"Ratchet. Chances are that (Y/n) will be more of a target to Megatron." Optimus said, motioning to the woman on the medical table. Ratchet shifted his gaze between Optimus and the smaller organism. He rolled his optics and grunted.

"Fine." He scoffed before going back to work. (Y/n) frowned a little.

"Are you sure that's completely necessary? I don't mean to be a burden." (Y/n) said, brushing her hair back.

"You are no burden. This is us Cybertronian's war. No humans were meant to be a part of it." Optimus said, kneeling down to speak to (Y/n) then helping June back up, who gave her a white t-shirt and leggings.

"Nobody has control of how things come to be. I'm not upset that I've been dragged into this, nor do I believe it's anyone's fault but the decepticons. I'm just trying to address that I'm an adult, I'm usually in a public place, and I have my own way of transport. If it causes a disruption to anything, I don't want to cause any trouble. Especially when I'm just a few minutes down the street from June." (Y/n) explained, trying to get them to back down from anything.

"I believe this will be necessary. Ratchet is just what you humans call a workaholic. He already doesn't take enough breaks as it is. So not only would it benefit you, but it'll also do him some good." Optimus said, a little more quietly. (Y/n) glances to Ratchet then back to Optimus.

"Alright. I understand." (Y/n) nodded to him. She raised a brow when she heard Ratchet grunt, sounding upset. (Y/n) shrugged it off and got dressed.

Soon the kids were allowed back over. Jack was quick to run over and give (Y/n) a hug.

"Are you ok?" He asked, sounding worried. (Y/n) smiled, also seeing the worry on the other teens faces.

"I'm fine. Minor injury." She hummed, allowing Jack to let go, by doing so first.

"Being stabbed is not a minor injury." June crossed her arms and scolded.

"Well I was trying to be optimistic in front of the children, but if I need to explain myself: I will. The area I was injured is not a spot that would result in death, unless I suffered extreme blood loss. Which wasn't likely to happen, considering they did aid to me. Well... tried to."

"Did they interrogate you? Assume you were with us?" Arcee asked (Y/n). The woman looked at Arcee and shook her head.

"No. He said that he wanted to understand the whole human pet thing. I think I know where that came from now." (Y/n) said, glancing at the teens, then the bots.