Chapter 12 ~ Emotions Are A Funny Thing

• ~ (Y/n)'s Perspective ~ •

When the next morning came around, all I felt was conflicted. Waking up hurt, getting out of bed hurt, getting ready hurt, and spilling hot coffee on my hand really hurt. Ignoring my clumsiness, everything else hurt for one reason and one reason only.

The reason: I wanted a relationship I'd never be ready for. I have so much to work on and I want something I shouldn't have the privilege to have. But when I close my eyes I see him and it hurts. I wanted to cry, I wanted to confide in June, but I had a job and I wouldn't let the children down because my emotions are shattering my heart.

However when I got to the school, everything seemed to remind me of him in some odd or indirect way. The more obvious being walking past the science classroom. Ratchet would never admit to the way he truly reacts to the subject besides saying that he just liked/enjoyed the profession. However, when I was with him in his berthroom and they began discussing the subject: I saw his optics light up so bright and the way he talked about it was like a child fawning over their new toy.

Then, of course, I saw the children. Another thing Ratchet would never admit was caring about them. He seemed to like Raf the most, though he did like Jack and Miko. I had soon found that despite Ratchet's false disgust toward the energetic girl, he cared for her like a mother hen. In fact, the other day, Miko got scared by a spider and Ratchet picked her up when he saw her crying. The more maternal side of myself couldn't help but adore his response to her fears. He helped her calm down wonderfully and really showed his sweet side.

'My goodness! I need to get a hold of myself!' I was practically crying by the time I arrived in my office. My eyes stinging and my throat drying out. The reason I was so upset was from the years of abuse from my relationships that had built up inside of me. I wanted to be in a relationship with Ratchet, but I was so unstable.

The hours passed slowly, the students being the usual, though surprisingly she had no Miko today. However, she did have Jack.

"Hey, Astronaut, feeling ok?" I joke to the child I helped raise. He rolled his eyes, giving me a small grin. He shook his head though and we went to the room. I gave him a water and we started to talk. "So what's up?"

"Bumblebee got his t-cog back, but he might not be able to use it because it's so damaged. I'm worried about Bumblebee because of obvious reasons, but I'm also worried about Raf. He's had this really depressed aura surrounding him since he's came to school." Jack explained, sounding worried for his friends.

I give him a small smile and a pat on the shoulder. My mind went elsewhere for a minute as I sat in an uncomfortable silence with Jack. I couldn't decide what to say, my head was aching so badly.

"Worrying is natural, but the best thing you could do for both of them right now is be optimistic and supportive. Raf needs a friend and so does Bumblebee." I answer his unasked question. Jack was quick to smile and thank me before leaving.

The last few hours of the day sped by and as soon as the final bell rang, I left. I went home and cuddled with Freckles, awaiting Ratchet's arrival. The natural worrying running through my systems like a drug.

The knock soon arrived on the door and I could only prepare by taking a deep breath. Opening the door, I found Ratchet's holoform, his hands resting in his pockets. To my pleasure and surprise, he was smiling, ever so softly. I felt my heart melt and my cheeks heat as I quickly stepped to the side and let him in.

"Ratchet, I need to talk to you." Was what I tried to say. Unfortunately for me, the spinning in my head was overcoming my common sense and I screwed up my sentence. "Talk you need to Ratchet." A sudden silence went through the house as I loudly face palmed and shut the door. "That's not what I meant to say."