Chapt. 8 ~ Personal

• ~ (Y/n)'s Perspective ~ •

The morning came too quickly. Ratchet had slept inside again. I gave him the guest room this time though. I had explained to him that Freckles could sleep in the same room as him, he just had to leave the door open.

In the end he was alright with it. Ratchet had also asked me to wake him up in the morning, once I was awake. So that's what I did.

I stretched out my arms above me and give a pleased groan when I felt a pop. My body didn't feel ready to wake up, but it didn't matter. I didn't have to wake up this early anyway, I just chose to. The next few minutes were spent trying to keep myself awake before I could finally escape the comfort of my bed.

My next stop was the guest room. The door squeaked softly as I opened it slightly wider for me to get in. Freckles was still asleep, so I traced my finger on her nose and up her snout which made her slowly open her eyes. She was going to get up anyway once Ratchet got up.

I knelt down beside the bed. He was snoring softly and laying on his side. Though his position looked uncomfortable, he seemed quite comfortable. I smiled softly and sigh.

"Ratchet...~" I hum softly and watch his eyebrow twitch in response. "I'm awake, which means you need to get up too...~"

It took a minute, but he sat up and I got back on my feet. I smiled at him as he yawned. His eyelids were halfway down, still a dazed from his rest which it seemed like he didn't get often.

"It is really early and I won't actually be leaving for another hour. If you're still tired you could go back to sleep." I offered in a gentle voice, seeing as he just woke up and loud noises are the last thing you want to hear when you wake up.

"No no. I'm fine, I'm awake." He quickly brushed off my offer and got onto his feet. I shrugged and gently soothed Freckles out of bed next, because she was refusing to get up. She kept using her paw to cover her face, which was, nonetheless, adorable. Once she had gotten up though, I turned my attention back to Ratchet.

"I can make us some coffee?" I said with a slight questioning tone. He raised a brow at me.

"And what is coffee?"

"It's a beverage that helps wake humans up and give them a bit of energy." I explained, with a smile, ready to hear no. He just shrugged and nodded.

"I'll try it."

We went downstairs and I let Freckles out back. Once she was outside, me and Ratchet went to the kitchen and I made the coffee. Also explaining to Ratchet how the coffee machine worked. Then I excused myself to take a quick shower.

I went upstairs after instructing him what to do when the coffee was done. Personally I prefer (hot/cold) water in the morning, so I turned it to my preferred temperature. Then I stripped and got in the shower. I did the basics then got out and dried myself off.

The next step was to change. I put on some appropriate wear and went downstairs. My name tag was in my purse so I wasn't worried about that at the moment.

Arriving back in the kitchen, I found Ratchet drinking coffee and had poured some into another mug for me as well. I thanked him and drank some of mine (added supplements optional).

"Would you like something to eat again?" I asked as I searched the fridge for something for breakfast. My fridge wasn't very full, because I only bought the necessary the other day for a few lunches.

"Sure." He replied, watching as I took some stuff out then closed the fridge. I made breakfast while also making my own lunch on the side. After breakfast was done and my lunch was packed away, I let Freckles back inside and fed her. We all ate, me and Ratchet talking.