Chapt. 6 ~ Friends

• ~ (Y/n)'s Perspective ~ •

Once I got myself together, I gave Ratchet a call. When he didn't answer, I was a little upset, and worried. Keeping my facts straight: I knew they were in a war, which meant I can't expect them to respond to me right away.

However... Jack! He should be there. Unless he went home. I grasp my phone and open it, putting in a short and simple, yet secure, password, I quickly went to my messenger app. Searching through my contacts, I found Jack.

'Hey Jack! What's going on over there?' I message, keeping my cool and trying to sound casual. I sat on the couch with Freckles while I waited. I examined her fur as I pet her; taking note that she is dirty.

'Hey (Y/n)! The bots are about to head back from an Energon mine, then Ratchet will come get you. At least he assumed that's why you called?" Jack stared and asked. I smile and respond a simple 'Yes.'

He said a see you soon and I turned off my phone, feeling relieved. Why I felt so panicked, I knew very well. My body slumped in my seat as I realized something.

'I'm going to become attached to them... they're in a war. One of them is bound to die.' I brush my hair with my fingers, nervously chewing my lip. But then I remembered something. Something I will always remember, to help me cherish the moments that will soon be memories.

"A thousand good days for one really bad one." Something I had read anonymously on the internet. I know what I've been signed up for in this life of mine. I will always cherish and value life, no matter what... for some lives are just too short.

I managed to calm myself down; perhaps I'll talk to June about it later. Thinking to my new younger companions, I pause. I could never force my issues into their innocent minds. It wouldn't be fair. I wonder if they even think about this. They probably do every time their robotic friends leave, knowing it might be the last time they see them.

Shaking my head, I open my laptop as I wait. Checking my emails, I spot one from someone I used to know. Someone I went to college with. Someone I studied with.

His name was Franklin Brooke. A spunky young man who tried his best to party and work. I, of course was older than him, seeing as this was my second try at doing something with medical involvement. Psychology.

It seemed to be easier for me to handle, as I related to traumatic experiences and such. Plus, it helped me handle things in ways I didn't realize I could handle things.

Though, I had to admit, I was guilty and fell into his trap of going to parties. But, I was always the more responsible one, though I almost got drugged and gang banged. I didn't blame him though, because why would I? He didn't know.

Me and him were actually pretty good friends. We just kind of stopped talking for a while. Then we suddenly started talking again a little bit before I moved. The night before I was leaving, me and him went out and got a drink.

From reading his email, I could already see he wanted to do it again. Telling me that I'm fun to talk to and such. The compliment made me smile, I'd have to think about it though, because we were both one state apart. So we'd either have to meet in the middle, or just wait until a holiday where I go up to be with my family.

I decided to hold off responding to him. I'd have to look over my schedule anyhow. Looking at other emails, I spot some court stuff, but that can wait.

My phone began to ring, so I picked it up. I gave a gentle hum, followed by a hello as I closed my laptop.

"I'm outside." I heard Ratchet say before the call ended. I shrug it off and head out with my bag after giving Freckles a kiss goodbye. I watched from the corner of my eye as her tail slowly wagged and her risen head slowly fell as she went back to sleep. It made me smile.