Mistakes were made... (1)

Lizzie was lounging on her bed trying, once again,  to forget everything that had happened four months ago. She knew her sister was most likely searching through grimoire after grimoire trying to find something to fix this mess but she knew better.

Their mom and dad were dead. They weren't coming back, the same with MG, Kaleb, Rafael, Landon and so many others. They may have won the war but the Necromancer won the battles.

Especially since Josie and her also died. Thankfully they both had Hope's blood in their systems and came back as heretics.

Surprisingly, they weren't sired to her, which Lizzie was extremely grateful about. She assumed it had to do with them being siphoners and any bond that might have formed was siphoned away by them before it could take hold.

Anyways, when they woke back up, the Necromancer tried to kill them again but they were rescued by, wait for it, Kai Parker.

Believe her, Lizzie did not expect their uncle to break through the hold the Necromancer had on him to save their asses but she was grateful for it. Although right after, he was killed.

The reason they were even able to defeat the Necromancer was because Hope had also died. And when she came back a full Tribrid, they were able to kick his ass easily but too many casualties had already happened.

Lizzie sighed, the painful memories flashed through her brain.

Hope was gone now. She left, tired of losing people, and went back to New Orleans to stay with her aunt. The twins stayed in contact with her but they both knew it could be years before they saw her again.

Lizzie was so tired. All she did nowadays was drown herself in blood and sex. She couldn't even count the number of people she killed this week on both of her hands. Some could say that Lizzie had given in to her dark side and it changed her.

She no longer valued human life that much. She found pleasure in the kill and watching her victims suffer. A part of herself told her to stop before she went over an edge she couldn't come back from.

But the truth was Lizzie didn't care anymore.

She knew her parents would be disappointed in her but they weren't here anymore, so what did it matter.

She had chosen the monster inside and it thrived. Honestly, it was what she was always meant to be, she just no longer fought it.

To tell the truth, Lizzie could admit that she had completely lost it, but it wasn't like Josie was doing much better. Josie kept diving into spellbook after spellbook, searching for a way to fix this.

Lizzie constantly had to force her to sleep and eat - well drink - but Josie was determined to find a way to fix what couldn't be fixed.

Lizzie shook her head to clear her thoughts. It wouldn't do her well to dwell in her mind, as it was only a matter of time before they took a dark turn. She really didn't feel like having an episode right now.

Yep, an episode. She still got them, and they're far worse as now she couldn't run out of magic because of her vampirism fueling her magic.

And let's not forget the fact that her emotions were heightened from being a vampire, which unsurprisingly didn't mix well with her Bipolar Disorder.

Who could have seen that coming? Note the sarcasm.

The door to her and her sister's room burst open and Josie rushed in.

"I found a way to fix everything," Josie exclaimed, rushing to Lizzie.

Lizzie sat up, startled. "What?!" She asked.