Strays...(10)

AN: Sorry, It took so long to get this out. I had to rewrite it a few times because it wasn't turning out the way I wanted. I hope you enjoy it!

<><><>

Josie frowned as she watched her sister walk away. What was she up to?

Was it something to do with Uncle Kai or the Originals?

Josie felt her chest tighten as Lizzie disappeared from sight.

"Jo? You okay?" Stefan asked.

Josie looked at him. "I'm fine, just a little worried about Lizzie," She replied.

Marcel looked at her. "If you want I could send a few vampires to look after her?" He offered.

"No," Josie shook her head. "Lizzie can look after herself. But, thanks for the offer."

Marcel nodded. "Very well, but if she doesn't show up later, I could send some vampires looking for her."

"I don't think that will be necessary but I'll let you know if I change my mind," Josie answered.

"Alright," Marcel said, standing up. "Shall I show you guys some of the highlights of New Orleans?"

"Sure, mate," Enzo said, getting to his feet as well.

"May as well," Stefan agreed, pushing himself to his feet.

All four of them leave the building and head down the street. Marcel led them around to his favorite spots, introducing them to some of the locals.

As they walked, Josie kept an eye out for her sister but didn't see her. Where was she?

Josie rubbed her sweaty palms on her jeans. Lizzie was fine.

Josie would feel if something was wrong through the bond.

But what if Lizzie was blocking her out so she couldn't feel if she was in trouble?

When they entered the town square, Josie decided to get away from the others.

"Hey, guys?" She called.

"Yes, beautiful?" Enzo responded as they all turned to her.

"I'm going to take a look around in the shops, see if I can find a souvenir," Josie said.

"The best souvenirs are in the shops on the right," Marcel said, nodding towards the shops.

"I'll take a look around, thanks," Josie replied.

Stefan and Enzo were looking at her in concern.

"Be careful," Stefan warned. "Text us if there's a problem and we'll be right there."

"I will," Josie promised.

"Stay alert, beautiful," Enzo said. "There aren't just vampires in this town."

"I'll be careful," Josie replied before walking away.

Josie felt her chest tighten even more and tears started to form in her eyes.

Where was Lizzie? What if she was dead? What if she never saw her again?

She barely survived losing her mom and dad. There was no way she could survive losing her sister.

She rushed into an alleyway and threw up a cloaking spell.

"Breathe, Josie, breathe," She whispered to herself.

But it didn't help.

She felt like she couldn't breathe.

She tried to get air into her lungs but couldn't. Why could she breathe?