Unexpected Changes (17)

Josie walked down the sidewalk, pulling her jacket tighter around her. She knew where she was going but she couldn't understand her rising unease.

Something was going to happen but what?

She shook her head and kept moving, keeping an eye out for the store.

Josie wasn't stupid. She knew that there was a chance that she might run into her bio mom and while a part of her was afraid of that, she knew that would happen eventually anyway.

Josie thought of their first interaction here.

Jo looked the exact same as the way she looked when she came back to life for a short time on their 16th birthday.

It was strange to think back to that.

What would, what they were doing, change?

She didn't know.

Josie paused as she spotted the store across the street.

She headed over and entered, looking around the small shop, taking note of the eerie energy the store gave off.

In the corner of the room sat an old Japanese woman, who was sorting herbs, swaying gently with the music. Josie approached her, and the woman glanced up, smiling at her in greeting.

"Hi, I was wondering if you had a herb called rue?" Josie said in Japanese.

The woman blinked in surprise before smiling. "I do, let me go grab it for you," She responded, before going into the back room.

A minute later, she walked out and handed her a bag of rue. Josie quickly paid for it, before leaving.

Josie was about to go to where she parked the car when she noticed a bookstore on her right. She walked over and pushed the door open.

A familiar chime rang out as she entered.

She looked around. There was a teen sitting behind the counter but other than him, she was the only one in the store.

She walked over to the back of the store, after a small nod at the teen.

Josie ran her hand over the spines of the books, soaking in the quiet aura of the store. It was relaxing, especially after the nightmare this morning.

She shook her head, trying to shake off the memories the nightmare brought to the surface. She knew that it was dangerous to think about the war. That just guaranteed a panic attack.

Josie sighed, pulling a random book out.

She looked down at the cover, reading the title.

'Romeo and Juliet'

Josie raised an eyebrow in surprise.

She remembered first reading this book back in 9th grade, after that, she read it multiple times, trying to understand the different meanings.

"You enjoy the classics?" A male voice asked from behind Josie.

She jumped, then froze.

Multiple things flashed in her mind at once. First, he sounded incredibly hot. Second, where did he come from?

And third, why the hell could Josie feel the power radiating off of him? It felt way too similar to Kol.

She turned abruptly and her eyes widened in shock as she saw who it was.

Elijah fucking Mikaelson.

Josie stared at the suited original in shock. How the hell did the twins keep attracting originals?