forget

snufkin had woken up the next morning startled, sitting up from the unfamiliar comfort and breathing heavy. "oh, did i sleep here last night?" he asked, puzzled. standing up, he looked around the room. "moomin has so many little trinkets in here!" he announced, grabbing his hat and putting it soundly on his head. he looked around the room, smiling at the little funny things moomintroll had in there. photographs, drawings, little playthings.

he went to pick up a picture on moomintroll's desk when he heard the door creak open. "oh! snufkin, you gave me quite the scare!" a familiar voice announced. "moominmama!" snufkin beamed, turning around. "come down for pancakes! we've got plenty enough for everyone!"

they left moomintroll's room, snufkin walking ahead of moominmama, excited to get some proper food in his stomach. you see, he'd have fish and berries and whatever he could cook up down south, and that was fine for him, but moominmama's pancakes were simply irresistible! he had his thoughts cut off by a plate arriving in front of him, the 'irresistible' pancakes sat atop the plate. he picked up the fork hastily, munching down on the food in front of him.

"so, snufkin?" moomin's voice rang from across the table, snufkin smiling and looking up from his food. "what did you see this year? when you were down south!" snufkin smiled a little, adjusting his hat. "ill tell ya later, but for now, lets just eat!" snufkin couldn't tell if he himself was trying to avoid the question or not, but he did know that these pancakes were absolutely splendid!

they'd finished their breakfasts, tossing the leftovers in the bin. "so, can you tell me about your trip now?" moomintroll pushed on, a silly smile creeping on his face. snufkin laughed, staying quiet for a moment as they went outside. suddenly, he'd had an idea! "why, moomin, why dont i just show you?"

and so they made their way down south, chatting and prattling on about their winters. "right about here is where i saw that swarm of hattifatteners!" snufkin announced, sticking his hands out in the direction of where the said hattifatteners came from. snufkin felt oddly excited to chat about his travels with moomin, going on about them was quite fun! but he'd had a terrible thought.  "am i being annoying?" snufkin asked, taking his hat off. "no, of course not! this is quite delightful!" moomintroll replied, that silly smile still on his face. "oh, alright then."

the walked and walked for miles, snufkin going on about creatures, and spirits, and fishing! snufkin smiled throughout, but soon their adventure will have to continue later, and they would have to head home. "i think it's about time we go, moomin." snufkin announced, patting moomintroll's shoulder. he noticed moomin's frown, but decided not to comment on it. they were about halfway home when moomin decided to say something. "i just wish you were here a bit more." snufkin sighed, massaging his temple. "i know, moomintroll. i know."

they'd returned to moomin house, not even noticing the time. "after you!" snufkin offered, holding the door open for moomin. moomin entered, and snufkin shortly followed. "its quite nice." snufkin mumbled, taking his hat off. "whats quite nice?" "sleeping in a bed, of course!" snufkin laughed, sitting on the couch. "i havent slept in a bed since the spring i came here!" he felt odd, talking about the first time he wandered about here.

"i don't remember much about your first time here."

"some things are better to forget, moomintroll."