over

tw// throwing up, panic

     snufkin stuffed his hands into his pockets, squeezing his palms rapidly. he hated the way he felt in that moment. it felt so foreign, so horrible. like his insides were getting eaten away. so many people, so much noise, so many stares. he kept glancing behind him, like somebody was following him. watching, staring.

his stomach suddenly twisted. he felt so-- his thoughts were cut off by a rising pain in his throat, and a lean to the side. sick. he felt so sick. "why did he make me stay?" he asked himself, holding his stomach with his hand. there was nowhere to go, the lurking noise of music and voices could be heard from all around. he couldn't stay, he couldn't be here he needed to leave and-

"hey, its okay." a pitched voice said from behind him. he yelped, turning around. "s-snorkmaiden?" he asked. "sit down, it shouldn't be so bad now, they're pausing the music." and as she said that, it quieted down slightly. "you'll be alright, snufkin." she said, sitting next to him. "i cant be here." snufkin mumbled, hugging himself. "i can't be here, i really can't. i can't." he repeated over and over,  like a broken record. "shhh, its okay. soon the noise will cease, and you'll be able to relax in your tent."

snorkmaiden comforted him for a good while, letting him talk about how he felt. snorkmaiden thought that snufkin was closed off and cold for the longest time, but it turned out he wasn't. she realized in that moment, that she'd been pushing a stereotype onto snufkin. she decided in that moment, that she would stop.

eventually, snufkin felt better. he didn't want to admit it, but if snorkmaiden hadn't have come by, he'd've probably up and left the valley entirely.

as everybody began to go home, snufkin and snorkmaiden left for moomin house. snufkin hummed a familiar tune, inching for his harmonica. it was so late though, he didn't want to bother anybody. all in the same, that festival kept going until twelve in the morning. they sighed in unison, smiling at each other. "im sorry about the flower field, i wasn't thinking about anybody but myself." snufkin laughed. "forget about it, it was silly."

snufkin left into his tent, and snorkmaiden made her way back to her home. tonight had been so.. so stressful, but all was calm now. voices faded, lights turned off, all was calm now.

..
tw over!! basically snufkin and snorkmaiden talk things out and snorkmaiden helps snufkin calm down from snufkin's panic attack
..

the next morning, snufkin decided to take a break from all the fun adventuring and stayed in his tent. he only left when he was hungry, and simply went to fish. moomintroll didn't talk to him all that day.

a few days went on like that, snufkin keeping to himself and not going out much. the moomins were a little worried, but snufkin was alright, really. he just needed time. he needed a lot of time, and the people around him accepted that.

two weeks went by, and snufkin finally decided to go and say hi to the moomins. he knocked on their door, and moominmama emerged. "oh, snufkin! why did you knock, you could come right in, dear!" she exclaimed, opening the door wider. snufkin stepped in the house. it was oddly the same, just people were kinda crowding him. moominmama and papa offered him breakfast and snufkin happily agreed, calling everybody else down.

"snufkin!" moomintroll shouted, running down the stairs. but his excitement didn't last much longer than a second, as he remembered that he was the reason snufkin was hiding. he frowned, sitting across from snufkin. in reality, snufkin had forgiven moomintroll, deciding that it was just a silly mistake. he forgives too easily.

they all happily dug into breakfast when it was finished, snufkin lamenting more than usual about how good it was. you cant really blame him, he'd been living off fish and jerky for the past three weeks!

moomintroll finished his breakfast early, tossing his leftovers and going straight upstairs. he felt awkward, and snufkin noticed, so he followed him upstairs. "whats wrong, moomintroll?" he asked, and moomin just sighed. "you're too nice. too forgiving." he blurted. "well we need to talk it out at some point, right?"

so that's what they did. they sat in moomintroll's room, talking it out. talking about how they felt, why they did what they did, just honest conversation.

" are you still upset about it? "

" why would i be? its over now, everything is okay."

--

ok its done!!! hope u enjoyed redemption while it lasts