|| 𝖨𝗇 𝖰𝗎𝖺𝗋𝖺𝗇𝗍𝗂𝗇𝖾

||Summary: What happens to the March sisters and friends if they were in quarantine in 2020.

• • •

• • •

||Impact on Jo March:
Pretty much set. She doesn't like people outside of her family and Laurie so she doesn't really need to leave the house. Her only problem is she doesn't like being told what to do. Even though she could stay in her room and write for months on end, she gets a bit twitchy at being ordered by the government to stay home...Jo doesn't like being told what to do.

"THIS IS TAKING AWAY OUR RIGHTS!" Jo screeched at the top of her lungs.

"Jo, the governor is trying to keep us safe!" Meg scolded her sister, silently begging God to put her sister in a coma until this thing was over.

"Keep us safe by driving us crazy?!" Jo hissed in retort, earning a shake of head by every single one of her family members.

||Impact on Meg March:
Meg has gone into full Karen mode. She makes a desperate attempt to keep everybody safe from the incoming doom. She's become the "Covid Police" (according to Jo) as she's obsessed with everyone keeping clean and healthy. If anyone so much as sniffles then Meg orders her to go to the shower and rinse off. Marmee is slightly concerned...

"But Meg! I only sneezed! It's allergy season! I'm not infected!" Jo groaned and rolled her eyes as her sister forced her to stand in the tub as she gave her a shower in disinfectant.

"I'll be the judge of that!" Meg hissed, holding a mask over her mouth as she sprayed her down.

||Impact on Beth March:
Despite having probably not committed a sin since Lord knows when, Beth is terrified the virus is because she did something to upset God so she cries by her bedside at night, pleading for forgiveness and that God would take the plague away.

"Beth, I don't even think it's physically possible for you to sin..." Jo muttered, shaking her head in disbelief.

"I accidentally stepped on Amy's foot last week! I bet that's why this is going on another month! I knew I shouldn't done that!" Beth's lip quivered as her eyes threatened to spill tears of genuine guilt.

||Impact on Amy March:
Amy's not happy. At all. She's had a mental breakdown every few seconds, whining about not being able to see her friends or go to normal school. She's made everyone quite unhappy because they haven't had a break from her in months. She's causing them to wonder if Jo was right about the rights thing...
Amy is also the one most likely to cut her hair because she "needs a change" and her hair hasn't been cut in a month.

"I'm gonna do it!" Amy cried, the silver scissors hovering merely inches away from her golden hair.

"AMY, NO!" Beth gasped and tried to stop her but didn't make an effort to dive for the scissors, in fear she'd get Amy or herself hurt in the process.

"Let someone else do it! Don't do it yourself!" Meg tried to talk reason to Amy, forcing herself to remain calm despite that her sister was causing her stress level to rise.

"Do it. Give yourself bangs." Jo smirked in the corner, not looking up from her phone, pulling up the camera to get all of this documented for...reasons.

||Impact on Theodore Laurence:
Laurie shares a similar reaction as Amy but more upset that he can't spend time with Jo. Mr. Laurence wasn't glad he had to tell Laurie he may not be allowed to go over to their house, at risk of spreading the infection or catching it. Laurie still writes to the sisters from their special, private post office and longs for the day he can see their beautiful faces again to save him from his lessons and time cooped up in his sad, lonely house.

"If you whine any longer then I may let you just leave here and not come back..." Mr. Laurence muttered under his breath as Laurie frantically wrote his dozenth letter to the March sisters.

"Day 29 of quarantine. It's gotten so bad that I can barely remember the sound of Jo's voice. Forgive me for being so weak, I'm normally much stronger but the lack of Jo in my life has made me weak. Please remember me as I was before the virus poisoned my reasoning. Remember me as the strong, level-headed man I was..." Laurie had written.

Once the sisters had received his letter, then he had mixed reactions from the girls.

"Poor Laurie..." Beth shook her head, she'd have to remember him in her prayers.

"Uh...that's nice...I think?" Meg tilted her head, holding the letter while wearing rubber gloves to keep his germs from making contact with their skin.

"Poor Laurie. He's holding on. He's so strong during this time.." Amy sighed dreamily, looking at his letter through rose-colored glasses.

Meanwhile, Jo was laughing at the letter from behind Meg's shoulder, "Hah! Simp."