|| 𝖬𝖺𝗋𝖼𝗁 𝖧𝗈𝗌𝗉𝗂𝗍𝖺𝗅

||Summary: Laurie fears the worst when he gets down with a cold but his worst day starts to turn around when he's visited by the finest nurses in Concord.

• • •

• • •

Laurie hadn't had a cold this bad in years. Just a couple days before, he couldn't even remember what it was like to be completely glued to your bed, not able to leave unless to find a bucket to throw up in. Apparently his immune system decided he needed a trip down memory lane this particular moment...
Laurie's whole body was drenched in his sweat yet he couldn't have less than three covers unless he wanted to shiver so badly, he'd cause the bed to shake with him.

The brunet boy would occasionally muster up the strength to glance out the window but the view of the weather was an insult to the way he was feeling. It couldn't dare to be covering the ground in a downpour or warn the people to all stay indoors with sonorous thunder so Theodore could have more excuses to stay indoors without feeling like he was missing out on anything, but I believe this is what they call cruel irony that the flowers were perky and practically smiling up at the crisp, clean cerulean sky. The birds sang, playing their version of tag as they chased each other in the air. Even the animals and the plants were having more fun than he was on such a glorious, sunny spring afternoon. Of course.

Although, Laurie couldn't gaze out his window for too long, as the very sunlight offended his eyesight. Not just emotionally but physically, causing him to recoil back under the covers like a vampire shielding themselves for their undead lives. Even his eyes scolded him for trying to look at the light, punishing him with a migraine as a teacher might lightly strike a misbehaving child with a ruler. Now he can add his blasted headache to his list of woes.
What joys could have awaited him if he had still been healthy? Taking a swim in the local river brook? Another riveting play to perform, written by Jo March? Watching Amy paint the gleeful, blushing flowers on her canvas?
Although he would have to admit anything could be more fun than laying in bed, feeling miserable and sorry for yourself. Even another Latin lesson with Mr. Brooke.

And on that note, what Theodore Laurence wouldn't give for a little company. Much preferably the company of a woman, to be specific. Perhaps Beth's soft, kind smile. Or Meg's confident and graceful posture. Amy's boastful yet bubbly words. And Jo who could be summed up in either the creative, clever light in her eyes or the playful, mischievous smirk on her lips.
Would any of the sisters miss him if he didn't come around to ask them to come out and play? Would they be suspicious once they saw how radiant the day was? Or worse...would they not even think about him as they went about their day, laughing and playing among themselves without giving him another thought?

This concerning thought caused him to moan out in distress in his ever increasing amounts of pity for his own self, his frail body shifting and rocking from side to side in a desperate search to find a comfortable spot that would settle his faint frame and the dreadful pounding in the crown of his head. Laurie lifted a shaky, bloodless hand to his head and feebly scrubbed at it, as if the motions would cure his blasted headache. God above, take this curse away from the poor boy...