|| ˢᵖᵒᵒᵏʸ ᴵᵐᵃᵍᶤᶰᵉ

|| Summary: So somebody was binging Buzzfeed Unsolved, trying to think of how to do a spooky Little Women update for Halloween and did their homework, finding that typical Halloween traditions weren't practiced during the 19th century so...settle for this brief, tragic imagine that proves I do know what this term means in fandom vocabulary and I'm living up to my title I've put for this Wattpad book. Warning, heavy Jo x Laurie. But if you've read my other works then you can probably guess that's implied.

• • •

• • •

Imagine learning about the tragic backstory of the famous author Jo March and the lives affected by hers. Imagine finding about her tragic lost love, Theodore Laurence who drunk himself to unhealthy levels when she turned him down. And how she regretted her rejection much too late.

Imagine finding out Jo March never married. And her lover marrying her sister and changing his persona completely. How he became a shell of who he used to be, changing himself to fit another woman who didn't reject him but rather turned him into who she wanted, regardless of his true feelings.

Imagine visiting Orchard House on a tour where hauntings have been rumored to occur. And staying after hours to get a glimpse into if these stories are true or not. Imagine finding a ghost of a letter floating down the river. You can't touch it and you can't reach it but you can see the letters through the soaked paper that should've dissolved centuries ago but you can still see it, though you can't grab it. Words of a heartbroken woman plagued by regret over her decisions.

Imagine hearing whispered sobs in the attic by the writing desk. Choked cries that are still trying to be hidden so nobody can hear. And how you feel the writer's soul being poured into the writing desk, all her passion put into the pages that were published so long ago.

Imagine wondering if you heard the piano playing downstairs but when you go to look to see who's playing, there's no one there and the keys aren't moving.

Imagine later hearing laughter in the garden that gets swept up in the howling of the wind, robbed from the spot the laughter was stirring from. And you're left with a hollow emptiness inside you that you can't explain.

Imagine finding sketches of the late Jo March's star crossed lover in her sister's room. But tilting your head in curiosity when you see in the picture that the drawing looks...better than the boy you see in photographs. More handsome and more perfect than the natural flaws in the real human being.

Imagine that when you step out on the rocky path towards the street on your way to leaving the house, you briefly turn back. Thinking for a moment that you thought you saw a light gleaming from a candle in the attic. Imagine chills going down your spine, a sense that you're not alone. But yet a soft smile spreading on your lips...