|| Peтer Pαɴ: Alтerɴαтe Uɴιverѕe

||Summary: An alternate universe where Jo is Peter Pan, her sisters are the "Lost Boys", and Laurie is their Wendy. I thought the roles fit the characters so well with Jo wanting nothing more than to be a kid forever and always be free while Laurie though enjoys fun and games, low-key wants to grow up just have something more with Jo...

• • •

• • •

Laurie stared out the window of his little nook of the treehouse. The boy lazily swayed in his makeshift hammock, built upon only by ropes and an old bedsheet but was comfortable enough to rest in and retire to for the night, how it's cool base contrasted with the forever heat that came with living on an island. So he lounged in his hammock, his half-lidded sea green eyes trained on the view outside, his sleepy thoughts getting away from him as he recounted his memories, beginning to notice how hard it is to keep track of time in Neverland.
If he tried to remember how long he's been there, the memories start to blur in his mind. It made him a bit worried, at times. How long has he been there? Weeks? Months? A single night? If he returned home, would his grandfather have called a search for him?
These adventures were more than fun but he had so many responsibilities back home. And people who would miss him if he never returned....

Even if his memories were starting to blur back home, he could still vividly remember how this all started. How he had gotten in an argument with his tutor, who was telling him to grow up after he played an innocent prank. Behind closed doors, Laurie had cursed the adult world and all his responsibilities, wishing to be a boy forever. And someone heard his wish...

A girl named Jo. But she was far different from any girl he had ever met before. She wore a green button up shirt with tan trousers, covered by a dusty scarf tied around the woman's slender waist, and a woven brown belt that held a simple yet sharp dagger in its sheath. Dirt covered her freckles and her messy hair, with the occasional feather tangled in her braided tresses, which still got in her face but couldn't hide her striking Nordic eyes.

"I can take you away from here..." She had promised,
"If you don't want to grow up, that is. I know a place where we can be young forever. I took my sisters to this place long ago. To save us from aging. So we could forever be young and free...you can go there too. We can be free together."

How could he resist such an offer? Maybe it was in the heat in the moment, maybe he was solely trying to spite his authority, maybe he had thought it was all a dream. Or maybe he was captivated at the time by her beautiful eyes that helped make the world wash away...but whatever the reason, Theodore Laurence was just crazy enough to accept her offer. He had taken her hand and in a flash, they had gone to a magical island full of adventure and excitement.
There, he met her sisters. The Little Lost Women. Meg, Beth, and Amy. The youngest was a bit restless of being there, a bit bored of adventures and roughing it out in the forest. But regardless, they all had fun.
Jo introduced him to the mermaids, the Indians, and they even fought with a pirate or two over treasure. In the end, it was a draw after a mysterious crocodile appeared...