Being a Part of Something

Chapter 9

The wolves took off down the hill. I march back to the dormitory thinking how am I convince anyone to help me. Maybe Sam may know few people who are willing to help me or Kate may know too. I walk back into the Pond and saw few girls giggling looking at the window. "What's so funny," I ask after pure curiosity.

Lissa looks up from the window at me. There's a poor pup who is crushing on Annabelle HARD," she explains. "His shifted only a few years ago and keeps trying to convince Annabelle to be his mate. He luring her outside with sign asking her on a date. It's so cute and robbing the cradle a little at the same time." I walked over and see Annabelle blonde's Shirley Temple curls bounce. I see her bright red cheeks from here. By her stance, she seemed she's in an awkward situation.

"I kinda feel sorry for the guy," I blurted outputting my training bag on the table.

"Ouch, are those new bruises," Kate asked coming out of the bathroom. I pulled off my long sleeve under armor. I did an hour of training with mom today. Once I think I'm getting better mom comes by and proves me wrong all over again.

"It's cool your mom is training with you," Molly said from the couch watching old MTV Music Videos. "My mom only wants to lecture to me about finding a mate and having pups. Like please, mom I have my entire life for that. I want to be free," she stretches out her arms to incentivize her point.

"Did you miss where my parents' tried to mate me off to another pack," I joked taking a big gulp of my water.

"Yeah, good point. I had already forgotten about that. A few of the elders were bent out a shape when you gave that speech in front of the pack, "Molly pointed out.

"I could care less about the Elders. My parents are cool about it now. No, mate for me," I declared.

"What about parties," asked Lissa finally taking her eyes away from the window.

"I miss them," I declared. "I use to go to them all the time at school, "I respond.

"Friday, there's a bomb fire out by the old train tracks. Do you want to come with us? We usually go as a group. Coming home though is a whole other story," Lissa snickered at the thought. They're invited to a group activity? Are they finally starting to accept me?

"How late? I only asked because I have requirements this weekend to paint one the rooms for the care center," I asked.

"They're making you work there on weekends too," asked Kate looking mouthful.

"No, I asked Sarah if we look into painted the kids' rooms to be more colorful. I have a few ideas for each room. She said it's possible to do it over a few weekends. Alpha approved and would get us the supplies, but she said I'm encharged of the project. That had never been my plan. I don't know who be available to help and Alpha only agree to it if I started this weekend," I explained. Dad is very excited about me taking charge of something pack related. I really want to go to this bomb fire. Staying out late Friday and waking up for a full day of work with no help didn't seem exciting.

"Why didn't you asked us for help," asked Molly. I looked at her mouthful. I didn't even think they even concerned.

"I didn't think you guys would be interested," I confess.

"Never heard the term not be afraid to ask for help," Lissa asked. I've learned over the last few weeks. Lissa is the unofficial leader of this unit. Get on her good side she's can be best friends, get on her bad side she'll crawl my eyes out.

"Okay. Are you free to help me this weekend to do the baby's room," I asked? No one said anything but looked quietly around at each other as if there's some unspoken thing. There's the thing I could never be apart of. I knew they are linking with one another. They did it out of habit and are unaware I'm not taking part or maybe they did it on purpose.