Chapter 13

Tori's Pov
   Jade. Is afraid of storms? That's something I never thought I'd hear. Mainly from her.
   I get up, leaving Jade on the couch to  grab a drink.
  "Do you want a drink, babe?" I ask my girlfriend who is looking out the window.
  "Uh, no thanks." She says quietly, bouncing her leg. I grab my drink and quickly go sit next to her.
    As a loud clap of thunder sounds Jade jumps and whimpers, closing her eyes tightly. I set down my drink and pull her onto my lap. She holds onto me tightly.
   "I'm sorry for this. It's dumb." She whimpers.
  "Don't be sorry, love." I tell her.

Jade's Pov
  Tori holds me close as it starts to heavily rain, I wince, whimper, or hold onto her tighter every time it thunders or there's lightning.
   I hold onto Tori, tensing up when the power flickers due to a big thunder and lightning.
  "Fuck." I muttered as thunder shook the house. Tori moved me off of her and stood up. I immediately pulled my knees to my chest, trying not to whimper.
   Tori leaned by my ear. "Get up. We're going upstairs." She pulled me up and got us upstairs somehow, seeing as I was being a baby.
   Once we were in her room she pushed me to the bed and went to her closet, taking on her top. I quickly looked away.
   "Jade. Do you need clothes?" I shook my head softly.
   I sit in the cannonball position, waiting for Tori to come back. She went to the bathroom and it's been 10 minutes, but I can't get up without falling. She walks into the room and sits next to me.
   "Tori." She looked at me, i gently cupped her face in my hands and kissed her softly. "Can we cuddle?" I asked her after I broke the kiss. My eyes water when there is a loud clap of thunder, jumping closer to her.
   "Of course we can." She moved to the top of the bed, pulling me along with her. I cuddle into her neck, wrapping my arms around her waist. Her arm snake around mine.
   The power goes out, completely. The thunder is louder than before. The lightning is brighter. Tears start rolling down my face. Dammit.
   "Jade, its okay. I'm here, I'm always here." Tori whispers, I feel her kiss my head and rub my back softly.

•••

   After about an hour the storm finally stopped and the power came back on. But I didn't move and neither did Tori, we were laying down with my head on her shoulder and arm wrapped around her waist with hers around mine. Our legs tangled.
   We were just being there for each other. Just us.
   "Jade. You're staring." I shook my head and looked away from her.
   "Sorry."
  "Don't be sorry, love. Its okay." She smiles at me. I look at her, her beautiful brown eyes, and her perfect cheek bones. I softly push my lips against hers.
   Kissing her is definitely something I love doing.