chapter 5

We were sitting there watching the movie when out of the blue the door bell rang. Pausing it Lisa got up to go see who it was. I sat there as I waited for her to come back.

"What are you doing here?" I heard her say.

I stood up and started to walk that way.

"Dean invited me to come out early." A male's voice said.

My heart sank. Who was this guy? What was he doing here?

"Aren't you happy to see me?" He asked.

"I don't know. It's  just a surprise. I thought I wasn't going to see you until closer to the wedding." Lisa said.

I went down to my room and called up Andrea. On the second ring she picked up.

"Hey honey what's going on?" She asked.

"How soon can you get to Dean's?" I asked.

"About four hours." Andrea said.

"Alright leave now. I will fill you in on everything as soon as you get here." I said.

"Alright. I will let you know when I am close. Try not to do anything stupid until I get there because I'm assuming this has something to do with a woman." Andrea said.

"I will do my best. You know how I am." I said.

"Oooh yes I do. Just wait." Andrea said and hung up the phone.

I knew I could count on her for anything. I paced back and forth wondering if I should even go back up there. I didn't want to say or let alone do the wrong thing. I sat down on the bed and put my head in my hands.

"Hey." I heard Lisa say softly. "I wondered where you disappeared to."

I looked up to see Lisa was standing there. I could tell by looking at her she was upset. Of course I was too.

"Yeah I had to make a phone call." I said softly.

"I thought I did something." Lisa said.

"Oh no you didn't do anything." I stood up. "Who is that?" I asked.

"That would be my ex Todd. He's friends with Dean." Lisa said.

"How am I suppose to act around him?" I asked not knowing what to say or do.

"Just be yourself." Lisa said.

"And be like hi I'm Shanna and I think your ex girlfriend is gorgeous." I groaned.

"Maybe leave that last part out." Lisa chuckled. "I think hi I'm Shanna is a good start."

I smiled. Why was I attracted to her? Rule number one is never fall for a straight woman. Here I was yet again breaking that rule.

"I'm going to head back upstairs before he comes looking for me." Lisa said. "When you decide to come up I will introduce you to Todd."

I nodded my head as I watched her walk up the steps. I flopped down on the bed and stared up at the ceiling. I must've dozed off for I woke to the sound of my phone going off.

I looked to see it was Andrea. "Hey."

"I just pulled into the driveway. Come let me in." Andrea said.

"Be right there." I hung up the phone and tossed it onto the bed.

When I got upstairs Lisa was in the kitchen getting drinks. "Hey Todd is in the living room."

"Oh yeah sorry I ended up falling asleep. My friend Andrea is here so I'm going to go out and help her with her stuff." I said.

"Oh. Can I get you two a drink then?" Lisa asked.

"Sure." I said.

"Wait. Does this have to do with Todd?" Lisa asked.

"I..." I looked at her. "It's so I don't get myself into trouble."

"But then you wouldn't be living up to your nickname." Lisa smirked.

"I'm not trying to get arrested." I smirked as I headed towards the door.

Andrea was leaning up against her cobalt blue jetta. I smiled as I saw her. She smiled back at me. "So where is this lady who has you smitten?"

I looked at Andrea. "She's inside with her ex boyfriend Todd."

"Ugh dang. Does she know I'm your friend?" Andrea asked.

"Yes she does." I said.

"Does she like you?" Andrea asked.

"I think she does. I think she's curious." I groaned. "Why do I have to fall for a woman who's straight?"

"That's just who you are." Andrea chuckled.

We headed inside. Lisa and Todd were still in the living room.

"You must be Shanna." He said when he looked at me. "I'm Todd."

I swallowed my pride as I shook his hand. "Nice to meet you. This is Andrea."

"Lisa said you were meeting your girlfriend out there." Todd shook Andrea's hand.

I looked at Lisa trying to read her but I couldn't. I picked up a wine glass and down it.

"I'm going to go to the restroom. I will be right back." Todd excused himself.

As soon as he was out of ear shot I said to Lisa "Why did you tell him Andrea was my girlfriend?"

Lisa said "I can explain."

I looked at her and I felt hurt. I didn't understand I had no reason to be, she wasn't mine. I just didn't get why she would lie to him.

"What's there to explain?" I glanced at her.

"Shanna." Lisa stood up and came over to me. "Todd wants to work it out with me. I just don't think I'm ready. Dean told him I was in bed with you which is why he came out."

"But we didn't even do anything." My eyes pleaded with her. I could feel my heart crushing.

"I know babe." She reached and grabbed my hand. "I know you respect me and won't do anything unless I agree to it. I'm not saying I'm  going back to him. I just don't want there to be any problems and I know how Todd can get."

"Then answer this, do you like me?" I asked.

"I'm going to go get a drink." Andrea said.

Andrea left us alone. Lisa reached for my hand again as she pulled me close to her.

"Look I don't want this to mess anything up. Not until I figure this out. Cause I do like you." Lisa smiled and touched my cheek.

"It's a given that I like you too." I rested my head against her forehead.

My heart pounded slightly. Lisa stepped back. She raised my hand to her lips and kissed it.

Andrea came back and pulled me down on the couch as Todd came back in.

"I need to go rest. Hon why don't you come join me?" Todd suggested as he went over to the door.

"I don't think that's a good idea. I got to take care of a few things." Lisa said as she watched him disappear.

"Well if you change your mind, you know where to find me." Todd smiled.

I was a bit angry but I liked Lisa. She liked me. So I was going to do whatever it takes to either get her or just go back to my place after this wedding.