A MISTAKE: 2

EMMA

I'm currently outside the guard house with Jamie and I'm shaking as hell.

Jamie's still composed unlike me and she also found out who captured that photo of me and Rey.

I’m so thankful for her help because I don’t know what to do without her. But it’s been a while now and that ‘person’ that Jamie was searching's still not showing up.

"Are you sure you know what you're looking for?" I asked Jamie but she just rolled her eyes at me.

"Of course I know. What do you take me for?" I just sighed at her grumpy response.

Honestly, I'm so embarrassed standing here, waiting for that guy who wrote the article. I felt so conscious about myself because every time that the students passed by us, I can see them stare at me from head to toe then whispered to each other. Whenever there are students passing by, I just lower my head to avoid their stares.

“There he is!" My head snapped at Jamie, "That scumbag.” Jamie rushed to confront that ‘guy’ and I followed her immediately, almost running just to get to her.

“Hey!” Jamie yelled at the guy who stopped and faced us.

I held Jamie's arm to stop her and she looked at me.

“I bet you know her.” Jamie pulled my grip on her arm and pulled me infront of that guy.

The guy looked at me then to Jamie, scratching his nape, “She looks familiar. So what?”

I stopped Jamie from slapping this guy by pulling her away.

I stood right in front of this guy, still blocking Jamie. “Can we talk?” I asked politely.

“About what? I’m busy.” He answered as he put his hands inside his pockets.

“Busy my ass. He’s probably busy talking pictures and making false articles to the innocent people.” I glared at Jamie who’s trying to control herself, but as you can see, she really can’t control her anger.

“I’ll talk to him Jamie. Wait for me here.” Jamie nodded at me and I'm so happy she agreed without putting up a fight.

I immediately dragged the guy away from Jamie who couldn’t continue what she wanted to say because we walked out.

“Don’t be so kind Em!” Jamie yelled behind me as I just shrugged my shoulders at her.

I brought this guy to the available bench and we both sat. It’s a little awkward because I don’t know him and we’re not friends. Only Jamie knows him.

“Uhm… Hi, I’m Emma Chamber. Can I ask you something?”

“I don’t have any other choice, you dragged me all the way here so, what is it?”

Okay, here goes nothing, “Are you the one who posted the photo of Rey Canes and the girl going out of his car?” I looked at him, observing his expression.

“Well. It is me. Why?”

“I was that girl.”

I saw his eyes glittered when he looked at me. He was about to say something but I need to say it first.

“It is not what you think it is. I am not Rey’s girlfriend. And I am not the reason of their break-up of his girlfriend. I am not the third party, there is no third party involved. Rey helped me with one of my projects and we went here together because he insisted to. He just gave me a ride here since we are both studying here.” I explained it to him and I’m glad that he was listening. "Besides, they already broke up before I even hang out with Rey."

“Really?” He paused and looked at the ground, he's probably thinking. “I apologize, I didn’t know. That photo was just sent to me by one of my sources.”

He looked sincere with his words as he stared at me with his stern look.

“What can I do to make it up to you?”  He sat straight and looked at me intently again. “I’ll do anything.”

“You don’t really have to. I just want to clear the misunderstandings because students here kept on judging me.” I looked at the ground as I was playing with my fingers.

“I’m sorry. I really am. Don’t worry, I’ll clear this mess I made.”

“T-Thank you.”

“I’m Warren Hugh by the way.” He reached out his hand and I accepted it to a handshake.

I beamed at him, “Nice to meet you Warren Hugh”

~^*^~

“Don’t be so lazy Em. Come with me. Please?” Jamie kept on clinging into my arms like a little kid. “It’s just one hour. Come on~”

“But—"

“Please? I just want to see them perform. And Gray’s expecting me. I won’t go there alone.”

If I know, she just wants to see her boyfriend perform then when they’re together, I will look like their slave following those two love birds around. I am so out of place.

“You have to come with me and girl, Ethan’s there.”

“You should’ve told me earlier, let’s go. We might be late.”

“Bitch. You don’t want to come with me then you changed your mind when I told you E’s going to be there.”