A MISTAKE: Final

ETHAN

Every one of us was busy setting the place for Gray and Jamie's anniversary.

We're actually inside Jamie's room. She's living alone in an apartment and Gray knows her password which made us tease him for being a sneaky guy.

Daniel's incharge of the balloons, Jay's setting the cake. Bobby and June are placing the curtains while I cut the letters in the painted cardboard. Those letters were Happy 1st Anniversary.

Gray's always on the phone. We don't know who he's talking to but we just let him be. The pressure's on him. He wants to make this memorable. Of course, as his brother and his friend, I will support him.

"Is it fine to put the icing on this side?" Jay asked Gray while showing him the cake.

"Wow. It's beautiful." Gray marveled. "I think it's better this way."

Jay nodded and went back to the kitchen.

Our eyes followed Gray when he suddenly ran outside.

"He's so nervous." Daniel commented.

"Who wouldn't be? This is their first anniversary, this should be successful." June added.

I continued cutting the S letter when Gray came back.

"Thank you so much for coming Emma." I stopped for a brief moment and looked at the doorway.

"No problem. It's for my best friend." Emma smiled adorably, she looks so cute.

"Somebody's drooling." Bobby whispered enough for us to hear.

They all just giggled while I ignored them.

"Em why don't you help E' on cutting those letters?" Gray said fearlessly and looked at me with a meaningful smile. "My brother needs some help."

This kid is searching for trouble.

"S-Sure." Emma looked at me first then settled herself across me.

I gave her the available scissor and started cutting again.

"Are you avoiding me?" I started off as I stared at her, waiting for her answer.

"You heard everything that night right?" She's still not looking at me. She's just keeps on cutting the card board.

"Yeah. I heard it."

"Why? What happened that night?" I heard Daniel whispering to Jay.

I literally forgot that these boys loves eavesdropping. Including me.

"Let's talk outside." I put the scissor and the cardboard down and stood up.

"But we're not done yet." Emma looked at the card board that needs to be finished.

I reached her hand and dragged her out of this room.

"They'll finish it." I assured her.

~^*^~
E

MMA

Ethan brought me to Jamie's balcony. We were standing side by side looking at the gorgeous sunset outside.

"Are you mad at me?" I asked him. I think he's mad at me, I used him to lie to Warren, his friend.

"I'm not. Why would I?" Ethan answered immediately.

I answered almost a whimper, "Because I used you."

"Emma..." Ethan suddenly faced me "...I think you're the one who's mad at me. You keep on keeping your distance from me."

"It's because it's embarrassing." I lowered my head and played with my fingers. "And Warren is your friend. I don't know how to tell him that it was all a lie."

"Then let's make it real."

I was surprised with what he said. Did I hear it right?

I looked at Ethan and he was already staring back at me.

Is this real? Is this really happening?
My heart is thumping louder and louder. This isn't a dream right?

"I like you a lot." His words kept on making me breathless. "Let's go out."

I was surprised again when he reached for my hand, held it and kissed it. I was just standing here, frozen.

I don't know what to do. I don't know how to react.

"I want you to be my girlfriend." That statement made me gulp twice.

Am I dreaming? Is this heaven already? Am I dead?

I realized that this is reality when he kissed my hand again, when I felt his moist lips touching my skin.

I shivered for a second and looked at him straight into the eye. Ethan's sincere with his words and he really is handsome.

"Aren't you gonna answer me?" He smiled a bit, shyly. Adorable.

"I-I like you too," I shyly confessed, blushing,"A lot."

Ethan suddenly pulled me and hugged me tightly. I was surprised again by his sudden moves but I like it. Hugging the man of my dreams like this felt so unreal. I can smell his scent and I can feel his heartbeat. He's finally my boyfriend now. Finally.

The End