A MISTAKE: 7

ETHAN

It’s been already four days but I haven’t talked to Emma formally.

We always see each other at school but it’s so obvious that she doesn’t want to talk to me. She always looks at our friends but I’m completely ignored on the side. My friends even noticed it that Emma always makes excuses when we wanna hang out with her and Jamie.

“It’s weird. Emma is a friendly type, why is she declining us?” Daniel asked, tying his shoe laces.

We're inside the auditorium, just hanging out.

“She seems like she’s uncomfortable to someone.” Bobby added.

I just stayed silent and chose to listen to them.

“Is it me? Is she still mad at me? But I already apologized to her.” Jay pointed at himself. "I didn't mean to bump into her the other day."

“It’s not you. She talked to you yesterday.” June explained, clarifying Jay's assumptions.

“There’s someone I know who’s not talking to her lately.” I heard Bobby and I glanced over him and he was smirking at me.

“What?” I uninterestedly asked.

“Ethan did something happen? Did you fight?” Daniel straightened his back and sat properly, facing me.

“We didn’t.”

“I think you confessed and she rejected you and everything got awkward.” June’s assumption was wrong. It’s the other way around.

I just lowered my head and sighed. They're all aware that I have a crush on Emma. But I don’t want to tell them this issue between us because I want to know the truth first.

“DAMN IT! WHY ARE YOU ALL HERE?!” We were startled by Gray’s yell as he ran towards us. “I was searching all over the place for all of you and you are just chilling here.”

“What’s up?” Bobby asked.

Gray sat down first beside Daniel and wiped his sweat. Was he running this whole time?

“I need your help.” All of our attention focused on Gray. “Our first anniversary is tomorrow and I want to surprise Jamie.”

Our mouth formed an O and nodded at him.

“I already planned everything out. You just need to help me set up the place.”

“Wow. It’s been one year already. It was just like yesterday when Jamie kept on ignoring you and you kept on following her.” Jay said in an amazed tone.

“He’s like a stalker. I was surprised when Jamie actually dated him. I thought he’ll go to jail because he’s so reckless.” June added.

“It’s because my love is pure.” Gray stated and he couldn’t stop himself from smiling.

“I thought he’ll die because Jamie looks at him like she’s her next target to assassinate.” Daniel joked which made us smile.

If I confessed to Enma back then we might be celebrating our anniversary now just like Gray and Jamie.