A MISTAKE: 5

EMMA

“Have you seen Gray?” I stopped flipping the page of my book when a familiar guy stood in front of me.

I looked up to him and my jaw almost dropped. It’s Ethan!

Oh my God. Oh my God. Oh my God.

I'm freaking out! My stomach felt like millions of butterflies were flying around inside my belly. Is he actually talking to me? ME?

“Hey. Have you seen Gray?” Ethan asked again. Oh my God I’m not dreaming! He really is talking to me! Oh my gosh! Ethan is talking to me!

“He’s outside.” Jamie suddenly appeared behind him.

“Oh, thanks.” Ethan turned his heels and walked outside.

He’s so handsome. He smells good too. He’s so sexy. He’s so precious. He’s so flawless. He’s almost perfect. He have a good voice too. He’s a total package.

“Stop drooling you delusional girl.” Jamie smacked me lightly and sat next to me. “Please stop embarrassing me. He just asked you and you couldn’t even talk. What happened to the cheerful and talkative Emma that I know?”

“I think I’m inlove.”

“EM!” jamie smacked me again but this time it hurts a little.

“Why? What’s so wrong about admiring him?” I complained in the midst of massaging my arm where she hits me.

“What will you do if your mother finds out about this?”

“What? I’m just admiring him. And besides, he doesn’t like me.”

“Just focus on studying Em. I don’t want you to get hurt. Not everyone has a good heart as you.”

I just looked at my book and continued reading but I can't focus.

I 'm aware that Jamie don’t really like him. He smokes and went to clubs but that makes him even hotter in my eyes. I mean, Jamie really cares for me but what can I do? I can’t control my emotions. I can’t tell my heart to stop beating for him. He’s just my everything.

“I’ll just return this to the library.” I told Jamie as I stood up and closed my book.

I’m done reading it and I’m now on my way to the library.

As I was heading to the library, I stumbled on someone and my book fell, gladly I didn’t fell on the ground as well. The guy accidentally crashed into me because he was running. He might not notice me passing.

“Watch out dude.” A familiar guy said. “You okay?” I froze as he picks up my book and handed it to me.

My stupid heart is beating loudly again. It’s like playing drums inside my chest.

“Yeah, I-I’m fine.” I stuttered while accepting my books and I can really feel that I am blushing right now.

“Apologize to her.” Ethan said to Jay who was scratching his nape. My eyes left Ethan and looked at Jay.

“I’m sorry Em. I didn’t see you and I was in a hurry because I’m running away from Bobby.” He apologized then gave a shy smile.

“It’s okay. Accidents do happen.” I beamed at him.

I suddenly felt uncomfortable because Ethan’s gazing at me. I gulped hard. I need to get out of here, I can’t breathe properly.

“I gotta return this to the library. So, see you around.” I lowered my head as I passed by them without looking back.

I breathed freely when I was far from them. That was suffocating back there and my hands were sweating.