A New Life

I woke up in the woods. My neck hurts and so does my head. My throat burns slightly. .It's dark. But I can still see. Very clearly. I can hear voices.
"Goodbye Caroline." a husky voice spoke.
"Bye Klaus." a soft petite voice spoke. I went to find the source. Before I knew it I was standing in front of a blonde girl with very messy clothes.
"Uhm, hi." I mumbled.
"Who are you?" She spoke sharply.
"I.. uh.. I'm Clarke." I spoke trying to remember why I'm here.
"Uhm okay. I'm Caroline. What are you doing in the woods?" She spoke softer but with much confusion.
"I'm not sure. My throat is burning." I said rubbing it slightly. It did burn with so much fire. I needed something to drink.
"Oh no." She forced a smile. "Come with me"

She took hold of my wrist and before I knew it we were in a living area of a house I'd never seen before. There were others in there. Two guys who were very attractive with similar features but total opposites. And a brunette girl with brown eyes.
"Barbie, what's with the stray?" called one of the guys with longer dark hair. He had icy blue eyes that burned into my own. I shifted uncomfortably.
"I think she's in transition. I was in the woods and she vamp speed appeared in front of me and said her throat is burning." She spoke kinda shaky.
Vamp speed? Vampire? What? No. No.
I started to panic. Vampires aren't real. What? Images of a woman with black veins under her eyes and sharp teeth filled my mind. I started sobbing. And my throat burned even more.
"Great. Now you've terrified her. Did you even ask before taking her here?" The other guy spoke he had lighter hair that was spiked up and soft warm green eyes.
"I panicked?" Was the only reply from the blonde.
The man appeared in front of me placing a hand on my shoulder and another under my chin making me look at him. I had tears streaming down my face. "Hey hey. Shhhh. I'm Stefen. Over there is my brother Damon and his girlfriend Elena. You've met Caroline. What's your name?" He spoke so smoothly and comforting.
"I'm Clarke. I was just passing through. My car broke down and I went walking to find help. And this woman came out of no where. Her face it..." I started shaking with sobs. He pulled me into his arms. I found comfort listening to his very slow heart beat. "What did she give me?" I whispered.
"She gave you her blood. She was a vampire. We are all vampires. And now you have a choice." He lifted my head up to look him in the eyes.
"What choice?" I said in a shaky voice.

He looked at me with sympathy. "Either drink some blood and become one of us. Or let nature take its course and pass on." He spoke softly trying to make it sound nice. But reality set in. Become a being that I didn't know existed until now. Or die. I don't want to die. That sounds terrible. My life wasn't worth much. But I don't want to die.
"Where do I get the blood?" I spoke with confidence. He seamed pleased but also as if he pitied me. I'm so sick of that look. I never want anyone to give it to me again. He handed me a glass and I drank. The liquid running smoothly down my throat. Calming the burn. I felt truly alive. All emotions escalating. It felt amazing.
"Now. Time to help you learn your new skills and control your hunger." Stefen spoke with amusement gleaming in his green eyes.