Episode Four 🌹

That's Nicole ^

That's Nicole ^

~Jaylen~

It felt like I stopped breathing. The person who was once my best friend, my bully was standing in front of me. In my house.

Nasir stood next to me and I no longer felt...afraid. "yall know each other?" Jhacari asked and I wanted to cry but I didnt. I waited for Nicole to say something first.

"Uh no, she just looked like on of my long lost bestfriends." She smiled. "That smile was faker than Kim K's ass." Quan laughed.

"Is obvious they know each other. She called her Skinny Minny." Quan said laughing. "Yea, me and Jay." She dragged out my name. "We used to be best friends in high school." Nicole said.

"Mommy who that?" Za'Niyah asked and since I wanted no damn drama I played along. "Yeah. Nicole how are you?" I asked smiling sweetly. She was shocked but immediately put a smile on my face.

"I'm good." She said and I nodded. I went into the kitchen to put the corn in the pot so it could boil.

I hummed a tune and Nasir walked into the kitchen wrapping his hands around my waist. "Thought you said you had no friends in high school." He whispered and I sighed.

"I didn't. Nicole was my best friend from 3rd grade to 8th grade. I only said that because ion want no drama and Jhacari is happy. So leave it be." I whispered back.

He went back to the living room and I started to fry the fish.

~Jhacari~

"You never told me you and jay used to be friends." I said to Nicole who was sitting on my lap. "You never asked." She said eating a strawberry.

"Yo spoiled brat. Come here." Quan yelled to Za'Niyah who mugged him. "Your not getting no more of my chips." She said to him and he sucked his teeth.

"Swear yo your stingy." He said and she stuck her tongue out at him. "Leave my baby alone." Nasir picked up Za'Niyah and she ate her chips.

"Foods ready." We all went to the kitchen and got our plates. We sat at the table. I was next to Nicole. Nasir was next to Jaylen and Quan was between Za'Niyah and Nicole.

"Damn ma this shit good." Nasir moaned and Jaylen blushed. "Oo daddy say a bad word." Niyah said and Nasir scrunched up his face.

Quan laughed. "Brat he always sayin bad words." Quan said eating her shrimp and she groaned.

"Its said babygirl." Jaylen said wiping her face with a rag. I watched their interaction and I kind of understood why she lied about committing suicide. She had the perfect family.

I smiled at them playing around. "So, Jaylen, the rumor was that you committed suicide. What happened?" Nicole asked making conversation.

Jaylen looked at her. "That's a conversation for another time." She answered drinking her soda. "But I'm pretty sure we're all curious. Your mama has been taking this pretty hard." She said and I saw Jaylens expression change.

I just couldn't pinpoint what is was. Under the table I saw Nasir rub her thigh.

"Like I said, it's another conversation for another time." She said a hint of annoyance in her voice. Nicole shrugged. "Yall got beef or sum?" I asked them and the whole house grew quiet.

"We'll talk when we finish eatin." Nasir said and Jay sighed. We all made small talk while we ate.

When we finished we all sat in the living room, Za'Niyah went to her room.

"Let's start from the beginning." Jaylen said and Nasir wrapped his arms around her.

"Ever since 9th grade I was bullied about my weight. I lost my best friend and my brother. I had nobody. Jhacari, you always ditched me every chance you got. Nicole you left me and started to bully me as well."

I looked down as I felt ashamed. She was right. I always bailed on her when we had a day planned but I have a reason. "Jha you never knew, because you always skipped school and had me lie for you and like a dummy I did.

"The very last day I had enough. I was splashed in water in front of the entire school, then my brother didn't even wanna hang out with me outside of school. So I wrote my suicide note and went to the cliff where I was gonna jump. But Nasir stopped me. He took me in and taught me everything I now know. We fell in love and had a family. Then got married."

She finished and I looked up to see her crying. "I have a reason." I said and swallowed around the lump.

"I was a gang leader. I wanted to hang out with you but something always came up with the gang." I explained. "Then why didnt you just tell me that?" Her voice broke. Nasir rubbed her shoulder.

"Because I I didn't want you to worry. I worried mom every time I left the house, I didn't wanna worry you too. Plus if you knew you'd be in danger. I'm so sorry Jay. In 9th grade I joined." I said trying not to cry.

"It took up most of my time." She rolled her eyes. "Nasir is a gang leader and he always finds time for me and his child, that's not an excuse." She said and I felt like a complete ass.

"I'm sorry Jay. I never knew--"
"You skipped school Jha. Of course you didn't know, or you just didnt care." She said and I opened my mouth to speak.

"Can I say sum?" Quan spoke up and we nodded. "There honestly is no excuse. Jhacari there were signs I even saw and I only met her once. Her smile for instance, 4 years ago, her smile wasnt always bright.

"Sure she smiled but it never reached her eyes. She always faked or forced a smile. She never laughed. Her "friends" never came over." He pointed out and I nodded.

"Then you Jay, you could've told him." She shook her head. "That's embarrassing. Popular Jhacari but Skinny Minny, Jaylen who's bullied every day."

"Like I said. There's no excuse."

Hey guys ❤

Who's yall favorite so far?

Nasir?

Quan?

Jhacari?

Za'Niyah?

Nicole?

Jaylen?

What yall think bout their conversation?

Is there an excuse for either of them?

Love y'all 😘

-🦋