Chapter 5: Ugly duckling

I lost track of time as I stood there crying silently, but at one point I started to shiver. It had gotten really cold outside. I heard footsteps behind me and turned around to see who was approaching me.

"What are you doing out here in the cold?" Neymar asked with a frown.

I was silent and stood there awkwardly. He took off his coat and placed it over my shoulders.

"Thank you," I whispered surprised by his kindness.

He examined my face and I think he noticed that I had cried.

"Are you okay Anna? What happened? Did Marc say something?"

"No, no nothing like that...forget it," I mumbled.

Neymar frowned, but he didn't ask further.

"So how is the party going?" I asked, changing the subject after a minute of silence.

"It's good. People are having a good time, besides this one girl...she hates it," he said with a sigh.

"I don't hate it, I'm just tired. I want to go back to the hotel."

"This early? You just got here!"

"I will ask Marc if he can drive me back."

"He is busy at the moment, but I can drop you if you'd like?"

"Yeah, that would be great. I'm going to find Sarah and inform her that I'm leaving and maybe she wants to leave as well."

I was seriously surprised by this new side of Neymar. I know he had promised me that he would behave tonight, but I didn't expect him to go through with it with such genuineness.

He even offered to search for Sarah together. I took him up on his offer because it was really crowded and I felt tired. Sarah didn't pick up my calls. I guessed she didn't hear her phone over the loud music.

"Don't worry, she is around here somewhere. You can send her a text message and we will make sure to send her back to your hotel when we find her," Neymar said.

I agreed since I didn't want to be here any longer. I wanted to crawl into my bed and sleep.

Neymar led the way and I followed him to the elevator. Once we were inside, I remembered what had happened here before with Neymar when he had touched my lips. I glanced at him from the corner of my eyes. He was very handsome actually and had beautiful eyes but his character was weird and I hated his jerk side. He caught me looking at him and smiled. It was an innocent, child-like smile and it made me return the smile.

Once we were outside the building, I got into Neymar's car. This time I sat in the passenger's seat. I leaned my head against the car window and closed my eyes for a bit.

...

When I opened my eyes again, I wasn't sure where I was. I looked around and realized that I was in my bed. A gasp left my mouth once I noticed that someone was sleeping next to me and that someone was no one other than Neymar.

Why the hell was he sleeping next to me?

I checked my clothes immediately and breathed a sigh of relief, realizing that I was fully clothed. I glanced at Neymar and watched him sleeping peacefully with his suit on. He looked cute, to be honest. I slid to the edge of my bed and ran my hand through my hair. I guessed that I had fallen asleep inside his car on the way back.

Did he carry me out of the car and put me to sleep? And why would he do that?

Neymar turned in his sleep and groaned before rubbing his eyes. "Oh shit, what time is it?" he asked in a sleepy voice when he noticed that I was awake as well.