chapter 6

Next Week

It's game week. The Storm against the Giants. 2 really big school rivals. Yet somehow Sam had never played against these boys. She was put down a level from where she should have been in the Giants but all of the boys had moved up to when she left. She was really scared still about all this. She didn't know what was going to happen. She didn't know if fights would breakout or not or if Jake would be there. She had seen him at a couple of her games but he tried to stay hidden. She saw him but never said anything to Alex. She had improved since she left and he saw that. But this week's game was big. It was the only game between the two for the regular season. Only the team knew Sam used to be on that team.. Now the school would find out too. Everyone was talking about it all week long. The game was on Friday and Sam was a mess.

 "Alex omg omg omg, I don't know what I'm gonna do, this is a lot. I mean what if one of you guys gets hurt.. They can punch hard and what if-" Alex cut her off "Sam, calm down. You'll be okay. Everythings gonna be fine. We'll get through this game and beat their asses okay?" Sam was pacing up and down in Alex's room. It was a few hours before the game so they were hanging out. Alex knew Sam was really stressed about this so he just gave her some cookies. "Thank you Alex," She said, stuffing one in her mouth. "But this will not help." She smiled after. That was a good sign. Soon, they had to go to the rink. Sam's anxiety level was through the roof. It was just Alex, Sam and his mom in the car to the game. Everyone was going. People were always super excited about these games. "Okay guys! I'll see you guys inside. I love you both very much." Alex's mom said as she dropped both off. 

As they got inside there was 2 hours before the game started. As they were in the locker room Sam was pacing really badly. She was worried about everything that would happen as the game went on.. What if they lost? The whole school would be disappointed. And if they won, She would be the boys' enemy more than ever. She really wanted to win with her new team because she loved the boys but she didn't want too many fights to go down, but they had hurt her so much that she could punch each and everyone in the face until they were out. She didn't want anyone else getting hurt though because this was her problem, not theirs. As time passed more people came in, Trevor was in a good mood today. He had figured things out over the weekend and the week. "Hey Trev." Sam said to him. "Heyy how's it going?" he asked. "Good. I'm excited for the game." Trev just smiled at her and changed. The lastly after everyone came in, Jack came in. "Jackie" Sam said smiling. "Hey. You okay?" Jack looked at her. He could tell she was stressed. "Yeah, Just worried you know?" She looked at him. There was just something in her eyes when she looked at him. It always made him smile. "Hey, don't worry. We got this." He said smiling at her. Warm-ups were in about 20 mins. Coach gave a great prep speech and onto the ice they went. In the hall they were getting hyped up and everyone was screaming. They did warm-up's and she got dirty looks. After, they went into the locker room for a quick water break and prepared for the opening. The announcer came onto the speakers. He was saying the sponsors of the game. Then he Introduced the Giants. "WHO CARES???!!" The arena roared. Everyone booed but their parents and their student section. After, the lights in the arena dimed down. Everyone started cheering. In the back of Sam's mind was playing Stronger by Kelly Clarkson. She was ready. "Here come Your... STORMMM!!" he shouted. "Playing on the TOPPP line Is JACK HUGHES as the LEFT WING!!" Jack skated out. "And ALEX TURCOTTE as your RIGHT WING (pretend he shoots right)!!" Everyone has rallied up at this point but got quiet when he started talking again.

✯𝓌𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝒹𝑜𝑒𝓈𝓃'𝓉 𝓀𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝓂𝒶𝓀𝑒𝓈 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝓈𝓉𝓇𝑜𝓃𝑔𝑒𝓇✯

And then once he started talking, she remembered who she was. As the Strom's theme song, KickStart my Heart by Motley Crue, was playing she sang along in her head."And as your STARTING CENTER, we have SAMANTHA BENNETT!!" The whole area was screaming at this point. She skated out to the line. The look on the Giants' faces were priceless. The rest of the team came out and did the national anthem. Then the first period started.