011

As we drove through Seoul, I couldn't help but admire the beautiful cherry blossoms and tree crowns in rich greens that lined the road, passing by quickly as Haechan sped through the streets. The surroundings flew past us as we crossed a bridge, the skyline of the inner city becoming clear in the distance as we crossed the Han river, getting closer to Gwanak-gu. Driving through the forests outside of the city, Seoul National University suddenly came into view, the big modern building peeping out from behind the old trees, the sun's rays reflecting in the many windows, and painting everything in a bright light.

The motorcycle came to a halt as we reached the parking lot. Taking off my helmet, I shook out my hair, enjoying the fresh summer breeze at it caressed my cheeks, the warm air feeling soft against my skin. Taking a deep breath, I let myself enjoy the feeling of everything being back to normal. Looking around, I noticed how students and teachers alike were starting as they passed us by, eyeing the noisy motorcycle as the vehicle's engine kept running, occasionally letting out a roar that echoed off of the trees. I checked my outfit once again, adjusting the belt that kept up the oversized jeans to make sure that none of my bruises or wounds were showing, but I knew that no one was taking any notice of me. No, Haechan was the one who was attracting attention. He was undoubtedly handsome, but as he got off of the motorcycle, I realized just how out of place he was. People here were hauling around bags filled with heavy books, wearing glasses, or memorizing their homework. Meanwhile, the man beside me came from a completely different world, glaring at people as he adjusted his black leather jacket, tousling his hair. I felt a hand on my shoulder, turning around to face Haechan once again.

"Lead the way, D'Artagnan," he said, doing a sarcastic bow as he gestured towards the big building beside us.

"What's with the nickname?"

"Jeno, the guy who called you that yesterday, was the one who pointed it out. Our units are obviously named after The Three Musketeers; Athos, Porthos, and Aramis, but you knew that. And then you came into the picture, crashing into out plans as you tried to carry out your own mission, but now we're working together, D'Artagnan," he explained.

I simply nodded at his words, seeing the logic that Jeno, was his name, had used. He was my encounter from the party in Venice, my first meeting with Trinity Six. He had made quite an impression, but so had the others. Jeno, Haechan, and Chenle. Those were the only names I knew, I realized. Kind of impractical considering how we were supposed to be partners. They knew mine already, which is why it was only fair for me to know theirs as well if this little collaboration was going to work. I was not going to put my life on the line for a group of people I didn't even know the names of.

Walking inside, we navigated through the crowded hallways as I made my way towards my locker, taking out my books and stacking them before handing them to Haechan one by one, stacking them on top of the man's arms as he seemed to become more and more annoyed at my actions, bringing a cocky smile to my face.

"You can't join me in class," I told him as I closed the locker, clicking it shut before heading towards the classroom, stopping just outside the door to make space for the other students to enter.

"Trust me, I wasn't going to,"

I simply shrugged at his words before taking my books and walking into the classroom. Everyone else was staring at the man in the doorway as I got my stuff ready, not even sparing him a glance. Everything was supposed to go back to normal now, which is why I almost felt happy as the teacher closed the door, shutting out Haechan and leaving him alone in the hallway. I was unable to concentrate, though. The simple task of reading the pages in front of me seemed impossible as I couldn't get the thought of the watchdog on the other side of the door out of my head. He would be standing there all day, guarding the classroom, following my every step, from class to class. This wasn't the kind of freedom I had wanted. This was supervision, and I didn't like it.