026

We were 4 hours into the flight, which meant that there were around 9 hours left until we reached Florence. Jisung and I had been talking since takeoff, and I couldn't help but adore the man and his delightful personality, not to mention those kind and innocent eyes that made him seem so much younger than the rest of the group. Chenle had been butting in from time to time as well, taking small breaks from his work on the computer.

Needing to use the bathroom, I had gotten up from my seat, brushing off Jisung's small outburst of complaints at my leaving, and made my way to the master's suite in the back of the jet. Grabbing the door handle to the bathroom, I was too late to notice the sound of running water before I had already swung open the door, revealing Haechan who was in the shower, completely drenched, quickly running a hand through his wet hair to get it out of his eyes. A blush quickly spread across my cheeks as I stood absolutely frozen in the doorway, Haechan also standing completely still, "I-I am so, so sorry," I choked out, quickly averting my eyes from the man's bare chest, slamming the door shut and leaning my back against it as I tried to process what had just happened, what I had just walked in on. I fanned my face with my hands, trying to make the blush go down, but only a moment later, the door swung open once again, making me let out a surprised squeak as I fell backwards onto something hard.

"My, my, my, y/n, you just can't seem to stay away, can you?" Haechan said, wrapping his arms around me as I leaned against his chest. I opened my mouth, trying to protest, but I had no words that could explain the situation that I had created, and as my eyes went downward, seeing that Haechan was wearing nothing but a towel around his waist, the blush came back tenfold as I scrambled away from him. Stuttering, I kept muttering apologies to the man as I backed up, an apologetic and panicked expression on my face, blushing profusely before I pushed him out of the bathroom and slammed the door shut in front of him, leaving me alone in the small room. I was so embarrassed, so humiliated, and I wasn't even the one who had been naked.

Checking the time on the fancy watch that Chenle had given me, satisfied with the amount of time I had spent in the bathroom, I slowly opened the door to peek outside, checking if Haechan was still there, if the coast was clear. But the master's suite was empty, and I let out a relieved sigh as I made my way out of the small room, composing myself for a moment. Smoothing down the beautiful flowy dress that I was wearing, I made my way back to the cabin zone where the rest of the group was sitting, avoiding Haechanøs eyes as I noticed the man staring at me as I plopped back down in my seat beside Jisung. This was going to be a long trip, I thought, feeling how the man's stare bore into me, squirming a bit in my seat at the uncomfortable feeling.

Food had been served; drinks and delicious dishes had been placed on the tables by each pair of seats, and after downing several glasses of the expensive liquor that the jet's very own bar, and handsome bartender at that, had offered, most of Trinity Six had fallen asleep, leaving only me and Jaemin awake. I glanced at the blue-haired man, admiring his features and how handsome he looked as he was immersed in a book that he held loosely with one hand, his head resting against the other. He looked peaceful rather than angry, which was a nice change in atmosphere and made him look like a completely different person than the one I had come to know since running into him in Venice a couple of weeks ago.

"What are you looking at?" he mumbled, eyes not leaving the page that he was currently reading. "Nothing," I replied after a moment, though I continued to look at him, enjoying how the roles had been switched for once when it came to who was making the other feel uncomfortable, small. It worked for a moment, but with a roll of his eyes, Jaemin closed the book that he was holding and put in on the seat beside him before looking up at me, our eyes meeting. "I am not nothing, though," he said, picking up a glass on the table in front of him, taking a sip of the rich brown liquor inside, whiskey, probably. I was holding a drink as well; gin and tonic, staring at the clear liquid before taking the lime that had been resting on the side of the glass and putting it to my lips, enjoying the sour taste of the fruit as its juices hit the tastebuds on my tongue. "You make me wonder sometimes," I said, drying my hands on a napkin before taking a sip of my drink as well, "why you're acting so different towards me than towards the others."

He didn't answer or show any kind of reaction, his expression remaining stoic, so I continued to talk, filling the empty space between us with alcohol and conversation. "Youøre all touch and hostile when it comes to me, but with the others, youøre someone they look up to; just and resolute. Why is that?" Jaemin still didn't offer any kind of answer or explanation, so I opted for answering my own question instead. "I think it's because you're afraid. Not scared, that is, but worried when it comes to strangers," I said, downing my drink and reaching for another, deciding that Chenle would no longer need his, the man sleeping peacefully in front of me. The familiar taste of oranges from the Screwdriver called out to me, and I grabbed the drink. "I think you're worried about me messing up your heist, your group, Trinity Six. A newbie, someone from an entirely different world, barging into your lives just to steal something that you worked so hard to get a hold of in the first place, and then messing everything up because I couldn't protect myself or any of you." I felt my mood drop at the words that slipped past my lips, but I knew that they were true. I felt ashamed because of the way that I had acted.

"You couldn't do anything about it as I messed up your neat plan and the mafia you worked so hard to build, got beat up, dragged one of your members to school, and got another one shot. I think that's why you don't like me, and I understand that. I'm sorry," I admitted, downing Chenle's drink as well and closing my eyes as I leaned back in the chair and enjoyed the familiar feeling of alcohol buzzing through my system. A moment of silence followed where neither of us said a word. I wasn't expecting Jaemin to say anything, but after a couple of minutes, he broke the silence.

"You know nothing about me," he said. I rolled my eyes at his words, feeling annoyed by his consistently rude behavior towards me even though I had just apologized. It wasnøt entirely my fault that I had gotten wrapped up in this whole situation, though, I thought. But before I had the chance to say anything, Jaemin once again spoke out. "It's because you know nothing about me or any of us, and the fact that you came out of nowhere into this groups that I view as a family, that I don't trust you. It's not about liking you, but about how you're this unreliable and inexperienced person that I don't feel like I can trust." His words hurt me, but I understood where he was coming from. "I've gone through hell and back with Jeno. he's my best friend and the person I care the most about in this world. He's been hurt so badly, been used by people who had no right, and suffered for so long. And because of his need to protect others, he was willing to die for you," he said. "We helped the others as well, Haechan was in a really bad place as well, and Renjun and Chenle joined not too long after. All of us would do anything for Jisung as well, our maknae." My grip on the glass had tightened as I remembered Jeno's words about his past when we spent the night by the pool, drinking and talking.

"And then you came out of nowhere, just like you said. Ruining plans that we had been working on for months because you were desperate for money. You put all of us in danger, and because you know nothing about us, you didn't even realize it before it was too late," he said, his eyes finally locking with mine. "It's not that I don't like you. I'll admit, I was furious after Jeno got shot, but I don't dislike you. You just haven't given me a reason to trust you yet, and until you do, you have to know that I will do anything to protect my family from harm, even if it's you who causes it. We have been betrayed before, you know, left by someone we trusted."

"I completely understand that," I said, looking into those dark eyes from the other side of the cabin before moving my gaze over the sleeping group that lay sprawled out over the seats.

"You should get some sleep as well," Jaemin said, taking another sip of his drink before picking up the book once again, "It helps with the jetlag."

A/N:If you enjoyed the story so far, please leave a vote on the little star in the corner

A/N:
If you enjoyed the story so far, please leave a vote on the little star in the corner. It would mean the world to me :)